We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to patriots place

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to patriots place

If we do not rent a car while in Boston is there a way to get out to foxboro to visit patriots place?? Maybe a tour bus that does day trips??

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to patriots place

nope. only train on game days.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to patriots place

Thanks....looks like a rental car may be in order to get there.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to patriots place

Definitely do the rental car if at all possible if you go on a non-game day. Very easy drive, pretty much all highway. If for some reason you can't do a rental car, the only other realistic way is to take the Franklin line commuter rail train to the Walpole station from Boston. You'll have to take a taxi from there to Patriot Place. Same thing in reverse to get home. I always would see Foxfield taxi at the stadium, if you do the train call them in advance with what time you'll be arriving at the Walpole station and ask if they can have a taxi there so you don't have to wait around. It's very safe area, just a boring place to have to wait around.

Also, just so you know Patriot Place isn't huge for shopping but I'm assuming you want to visit the Hall of Fame, ProShop, etc. There are stores but it's nothing like the Wrentham outlets or anything. Gillette Stadium also does not do public tours.

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to patriots place

Thinking a car would be good. I don't need it for the whole trip but after figuring out how we will get to hotel from airport thinking a car is our best bet. Can only imagine the cost of a cab from airport to hotel.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to patriots place

where are you staying?

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to patriots place

Thinking of Cambridge because the cost of hotels in

Boston is soooo expensive.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to patriots place

If you rent a car you might as well stay outside the city but if you are planning your whole trip around how to get to Foxboro you're making a huge mistake. When I say " outside the city" I mean not in Cambridge.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,186 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to patriots place

It is best not to have a car in the city. Taxi from airport to cambridge hotel should be $40-$50. Subway to a Conveniently located Cambridge hotel is $2.50 per person. Most hotels charge to park.

If you would like help with lodging, please post you exact dates, the number of people in your group and how many beds you need.

Edited: 23 July 2013, 11:37
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation to patriots place

We need to be able to get to foxboro the Saturday before the game so we can go to patriots place. We also need to be close enough to Boston so we can take the T into the city for at least two days of sight seeing and to get to a game at Fenway. Why is this a mistake??

Parking is free at the holiday inn in Cambridge.

We will arrive sept 20 th and stay til the 25 th.

It's just my husband and I.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation to patriots place

No one is asking the obvious question: why on earth are you planning a trip to Patriot's Place?