We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Boston?

Toronto, Ontario...
7 posts
Save Topic
What to do in Boston?

Hi, I'm taking a cruise to New England and Boston is one of my ports, I have been to Boston as a kid on a family road trip back in the 80's. All I remember is China town as I am Chinese lol. My ship will be docked at Boston 10am - 7pm on a Monday, people I'm traveling with will not be interested in Fenway Park. Is it worth it to take a trip to Salem?

Please advise.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Boston?

Due to your time constraints, I would stick with the many options available here in the city. What month are you visiting? And what sort of things are you interested in?

Toronto, Ontario...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Boston?

Mahj: I'll be in Boston on Sept 16. As to what things I'm interested I'm not too sure, I'm traveling with a very diverse group and I'm the youngest. I'm just trying to get a list of suggestions and then propose it to the group. They did mention about waiting til we are on the ship to decide on excursions, I checked out the excursions offered by Princess Cruises but they are not really worth the price they are charging (what's new? lol). Any suggestion will help, thanks for replying.

Toronto, Ontario...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Boston?

Mahj: Forgot to mention that beside me the group I'm travelling are in their 50's and 60's, I'm 37.The ship offers a Salem excursion but I don't want to pay $119, and I think it's only me and one of the group members are interested in Salem.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Boston?

Yah, that's a bit pricey. You could take commuter rail or ferry to Salem for much less and do some of the sites as well. Personally, I'd choose staying in the city and doing the Freedom Trail using a hop on hop off trolley or taking a Boston Duck Tour which is a 90 minute ride around parts of the city. We also have a multitude of neighborhoods, museums, restaurants and shops to meander through. Beacon Hill, Back Bay, North End, Museum of Fine Arts, Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum, Aquarium, etc. etc.

5. Re: What to do in Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2013, 16:35
Edited: 01 August 2013, 16:35
6. Re: What to do in Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:17