We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway concert bag policy

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Fenway concert bag policy

Hi- a friend is taking her daughter to the Justin Timberlake/Jay Z concert at Fenway tomorrow night. Is the bag policy for concerts the same as for games? I told her what I've seen at games and sent her the link to Fenway's policy, but the Ticketmaster site reads differently - specifically no backpacks at all, regardless of size. If you've been to a concert, what did you see? They want to spend time in Boston during the day, but don't want to worry about hauling a small backpack only to lose it at the gate. The last thread on this topic was from 2009, so I thought I'd ask.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,777 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fenway concert bag policy

I'd call them or follow the concert guidelines. Why risk losing your bag?

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fenway concert bag policy

That was my advice as well. :-) I just wondered if any one had experience at their concerts recently.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fenway concert bag policy

I was involved with a concert at a university and the policy there was no large purses or backpacks. Clutches and wristlets were okay. You should call ahead...

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,483 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fenway concert bag policy

They are very strict about NO BACKPACKS at concerts. Even small ones like purses are a no go. Tell her to carry only the essentials and try and fit them in a wristlet.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fenway concert bag policy

Thank you all. I have passed on your advice to my friend. :-)

6. Re: Fenway concert bag policy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 06:17