We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Common vs Copley Square

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Common vs Copley Square

Hi All

I'm heading down to Boston from September 12th - 16th to catch a few Red Sox vs Yankees games. I've never been to the area and was planning on booking a hotel through priceline but I'm having a hard time deciding what area to book in.

It's just my boyfriend and I and it's a really laid back trip with a couple ball games and a little bit of sightseeing. I'd like to be able to walk to most restaurants and price isn't much of a problem. I had originally thought Boston Common but then I was searching through the list of hotels on priceline vs. the top rated on trip adviser and noticed a lot from the top 30 are in the Copley Square area.

If anyone could send me in the right direction, that would be appreciated!

Frog Pond
Parks, Sports Complexes
The Lawn on D
Playgrounds, Parks
Piers Park
Playgrounds, Parks, Bodies of Water
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

They are pretty much right next to each other. Copley would be slightly closer to Fenway. Restaurants and bars are everywhere.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

Boston is so compact and walkable I'd suggest you choose the otel you want - anywhere downtown will put you in easy walking or t distance from Fenway. For a concentrated area of bars and restaurants, probably either faneuil hall/Quincy market area or back bay. The latter is closer to Fenway if that's your priority.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

You can get anywhere pretty quickly by walking or taking the T. If money is no problem, you might want to stay down by the Waterfront near North End - like the Marriott Long Wharf.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

I'd go with Copley Square, closest to Fenway, from most hotels you can walk to the ballpark. Lots of bars & restaurants, great location for sightseeing.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

I'd favor Copley Sq. over Boston Common, for the reasons mentioned already.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

Thanks everyone!

Greatly appreciated.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,304 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

Yes Copley would be a good choice.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

I think I'm sold on the Copley area. I plan on taking the train in Back Bay down to New York, so will be nice and within walking distance. Fenway is walkable and so is many other things.

9. Re: Boston Common vs Copley Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:16