We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need one or two Charlies Ticket/cash fare SL2->SL1?

sz4
Ontario
Level Contributor
312 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need one or two Charlies Ticket/cash fare SL2->SL1?

We are getting off a cruise at Black Falcon, and going to Logan airport.

We can take SL2 from cruise terminal to South Station, then SL1 from South Station to airport.

There is no office selling Charlie Card at Black Falcon.

Do I need one or two Charlies Ticket/cash fare for my trip? e.g., Do I need to pay another fare when I transfer from SL2 to SL1 at South Station?

There are 4 of us with little luggage. But if the trip takes two tickets each,we might as well take a taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
592 Reviews
from US$94.50*
US$105.00
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,056 Reviews
from US$41.95*
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
709 Reviews
from US$79.00*
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need one or two Charlies Ticket/cash fare SL2->SL1?

Once you're "inside", you don't pay another fare. So only one fare is charged. However, for four people, even with only a single fare, why not take a taxi? It's not going to be that much more money-wise and it will be so much easier and faster.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need one or two Charlies Ticket/cash fare SL2->SL1?

You don't need to pay a second fare and you don't need to go to South Station. You can get off SL2 and cross over to SL1 outbound at any underground stop. World Trade Center is the closest for you. Don't change at Silver Line Way. You will have to pay extra there.

Mentioned in this post
World Trade Center Boston
30 Reviews
Boston, MA
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need one or two Charlies Ticket/cash fare SL2->SL1?

I would recommend taking a Taxi, as it will be almost as cheap with four of you. However if you want to take the Silver Line, wbp has the answer. Take it to World Trade Center and cross over.

Mentioned in this post
30 Reviews
Boston, MA
4. Re: Do I need one or two Charlies Ticket/cash fare SL2->SL1?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 06:22