We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

Hello all, just to confirm:

From Logan, take the Blue Line (towards Bowoin) 4 stops and get off at Government Center. Go upstairs, toward the right. Then take the Green line (any train) westbound and get off at Copley. You would walk past the library and walk through the lobby of the Weston Hotel, the shopping areas inside Copley place and finally to the Marriott.

Is that a good route to go still? I just want the most effiicient public transportation route possible, besides an expensive taxi of course. For reference, I get into town at 1pm ET.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,423 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

That works. Another option is take the blue line to Statement, switch to the orange line to Back Bay. It stops closer to the Copley place mall

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

Yes, that's it. The subway has not changed since you got that advice.

The only point of confusion could be walking past the library. When you emerge from the T station, you'll walk straight ahead past the library. (Don't turn on Boylston). You should see the Westin ahead on your right. The tall mirrored building (Hancock) will be on your left, along with Trinity Church.

There's an on-street route too, which will be evident if you look at Google Maps)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

forgotmypassword... You mentioned... "Another option is take the blue line to Statement, switch to the orange line to Back Bay. It stops closer to the Copley place mall". Is it really Statement? Or is is just State? Just don't know which route is fastest... can anyone please comment?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

It's State.

They're probably about the same. "Faster" is a function of how often the trains are running and how well you make your connections.

Personally I prefer the Blue to Green option because Gov't Ctr is just straight upstairs. I don't like connection through State Street. Blue to Orange you walk more in the station (State). Blue to Green you walk more outside. The difference is negligible. Neither is obviously faster. Just different choices. Flip a coin.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

If you plot a route using the Silver Line first, it's free inbound. Yup. Free.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

....but this route would not be most efficient.... lol (Silver to Red to Green or Orange)

We're going to miss Husker when he's gone...

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,323 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

No Green Line--Silver to Red to Orange.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

Right, Silver to Red to Orange isn't efficient. But considering that the Silver Line leaves right from each terminal, and if you take the first route recommended here - Blue to Orange - you first have to take the airport bus for a connection at the airport Blue Line station, neither is more or less efficient, IMO. Same number of connections, and initiating with the Silver Line, you don't ever have to wait outside as you do at the airport station.

I've timed the routes, and they're both ~ 45 minutes, give or take. (I live near the OP's destination.)

Now, trading out cost for more efficiency, the shared ride hotel vans may be some people's optimum. Since most of Boston's hotels are pretty close, it never takes me long when I choose it. The longest part can be the wait for the van to fill.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 13:45
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

I know you will all miss me! :) Two more weeks and I'll be out of your hair. GOing to Boston Sept 14-16. Until then, two more weeks of questions, concerns, dilemmas, etc.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,442 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confirming "T" route from Logan to Copley Place Marriott

Yes husker you have become very popular on this forum.