We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

Planning a quick trip mid-October. I saw somewhere that there is a Regatta around this time. Will this type of large-scale (I imagine) event impact casual travelers like me?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

The Head of the Charles Regatta is on the weekend of October 19th and 20th. It's the largest event of its kind in the world, but most of the impact will be along the Charles River and Harvard Square Area.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 00:54
Alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

Thank you Alanm. I appreciate your input.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,985 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

It will affect hotel prices and if you have your heart set on a particular restaurant, make reservations

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

It also can impact in a positive way. Not a sport you'll get to see often, especially in person, and the Head of the Charles is as big and exciting as it gets. And it's free.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 10:21
Alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

Good tip! Will do, but have to admit this is a fall foliage trip and haven't given any thought to gastronomy so far!

Alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

Would love to.sometime. Likely not this trip though. :-)

7. Re: Mid-October 2013 travel to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:20