We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chelmsford to Boston Logan

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chelmsford to Boston Logan

I will be staying in Chelmsford, MA but will be flying out on Wednesday Sept 11 at Boston Logan airport. My friend will be in class that day until 1pm in Lowell, MA. My flight is at 3, I think that will be too rushing. He cannot take me to the airport, what are my affordable options to get to the Boston airport?

An option I could think of if he has to drop me before his class which is 8AM *sigh* - are there any train/metro that I can take from airport to Boston city to check things out little bit while waiting to check in with my flights?

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chelmsford to Boston Logan

You can take the Blue Line subway from the airport to the Aquarium stop and you'll be right in the thick of Fanueil Hall and the tourist district.

Edited: 31 August 2013, 17:15
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chelmsford to Boston Logan

If you are allowed to check in that early, so you can get rid of your luggage, you can easily get out of the airport via the Blue Line as mentioned, or the Silver Line to South Station, and from there you can easily walk to Quincy Market or the North End.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,173 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chelmsford to Boston Logan

But op is coming from Chelmsford...

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chelmsford to Boston Logan

I'm confused. Where would your friend drop you? Would you have to return to Lowell to get your luggage later in the day?

Edited: 31 August 2013, 23:18
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chelmsford to Boston Logan

As I understand it, you'll be in Chelmsford but after 8 a.m. you've lost your ride. First thought is how much luggage will you be toting? If you are travelling light, you could get on the commuter rail in Lowell and head into the city for a good part of the day. Later, from there, you could hop on the T's blue line to get to the airport. If your luggage is cumbersome, you could take the commuter rail into North Station, head over to Rowe's Wharf where they will stow your luggage IF you are their customer later in the day taking water transport to the airport. Last idea, would be from Chelmsford to catch a taxi to Logan Express in Woburn which brings you directly into the airport.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Chelmsford to Boston Logan

Looks like I cannot store luggage in the airport. I called United and they said I can check in early even my flight is at 3pm - not sure yet will have to re-confirm at the airport. But yeah my friend will have to drop me at the Logon airport before 8AM with a luggage, then I go from there. It costs 25$ to check a bag. I am thinking of taking blue line to the revere beach. My luggage isn't too big but enough size to cause inconvenience while checking the beach out.

7. Re: Chelmsford to Boston Logan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 05:19