We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttles from Logan

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,977 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttles from Logan

I realize this is a common question, but I am not finding anything current. So forgive me.

I am flying in from San Francisco mid-week in early Oct. - touch down about 10:00 pm (ish). Will there be shuttles circling the airport for transport into the City? I don't want the hassle or reserving a shuttle, but if there is one I can hop on, I'd rather save $ by using it rather than a cab.

Thanks,

Betty Lou

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,299 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttles from Logan

Where will you be staying?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,481 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttles from Logan

I have never noticed them but that doesn't mean they don't do that. Logan is very close to the city and taxis to most city hotels cost about the same, or less that 2 shuttle tickets, so they are not all that common.

If you really want to save $ you can take the subway for $2.50.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,977 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttles from Logan

Staying at The Eliot.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttles from Logan

The Hynes Subway station is one block from the Eliot, if you don't have too much luggage, the subway might work for you. Take the blue line from the airport station switch to the Greenline Westbound at Government Center, get off at Hynes Station, exit onto Massachusetts Avenue, turn right and the Eliot is on the corner or Massachusetts and Commonwealth Avenue.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttles from Logan

We don't have Super Shuttles here as you might find in other cities. I would take a cab, most convenient and safest at that time of night. The subway is a great option & I would suggest it too if you were arriving earlier.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttles from Logan

If you take pubic transit (see #4 above), when you get to Govt Center, take any westbound train EXCEPT E Heath Street to the Hynes Convention Center stop.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttles from Logan

wbp657, thanks for the assist. I should have added that note.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,977 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttles from Logan

Thanks, everyone! Since my flight is so late, I'd probably take a cab. My friend is traveling in from another state and is arriving much earlier ... so she's planning on taking the subway. Thanks for the directions!

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttles from Logan

I suggest that you have a look toward the shared-ride platform - usually one or two platforms away from the door at Arrivals - and if you don't see any, then go to the taxi queue. But if you're feeling a sudden attack of frugality on arrival ($2.50 for the subway vs. $30 for a cab), and it's not after ~ 11:00 (the subway's done at 12:15, so not good to cut it close for only that reason) the subway is eminently safe, and the Eliot really is about a block from the subway station.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttles from Logan

Tried to ETA: "eminently safe" = full of young diners and partiers carrying small boxes from Mike's Pastries.