We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

Cullercoats, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

Coming to Boston on the 10th till 17th Sept for our 40th wedding aniversary. This is my plan

Tuesday unpack and then sleep arriving night time

Wed HOHO bus tour

Thurday freedom trail

Friday Marthas vineyard already booked tour

Saturday Harvard, we are staying at Royal Sonesta Hotel cambridge side of the river

Sunday chill out!

Monday a free day for shopping and perhaps more site seeing

Anything else we should see.

We like art galleries and history

thanks very much

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,445 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

It looks good but you don't need a full day for Harvard unless you are spending lots of time in Museums there.

I would suggest if you have time visit the the Isabella Stewart Gardener Museum Museum; orTrinity Church or the Boston Public Library.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,838 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

Also the Museum of Fine Arts.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

On Monday find time to stroll the Beacon hill area and, since you like history, combine that with a drink stop in Parker's Bar or the Last Hurrah - both in the Omni Parker House hotel. It's as historic as it gets in USA given who worked there, the fact that Dickens read a Christmas Carol there and you cans still have dinner at the table where JFK proposed to Jackie in Parker's restaurant.

Ontario
Level Contributor
290 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

If you buy the Old Town HOHO tour it includes two days and also either a free harbor cruise or the tea party museum. Buy you could probably combine your hoho day and your freedom trail day to accommodate this. We did the tea party museum and found it very interesting although I"m sure the harbor cruise is awesome as well.

We went this summer for our 30th anniversary. We also enjoyed Little Italy and went there one evening just to wander around and found a great restaurant for dinner. Quincy Market/Faneul Hall area is also good in the evening to eat, wander and people watch. We quite enjoyed the Public Gardens and wandering around Beacon Hill as well. Found a nice little deli just up from the Public Gardens, got some sandwiches and went back to gardens for a picnic lunch and swan boat ride.

It is a beautiful city and very compact, which I had read but didn't really understand until we were there. It's so easy to get everywhere either walking or on the T. Make sure you use the T, it is very easy to use and the week pass is a very good value.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,813 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

Plan to spend a few yours exploring the Beacon Hill neighborhood on foot. It will appear to your artistic and historic interests. It's a very unique area.

I'd also recommend strolling around Back Bay. There are a number of galleries there, along with shops, cafes, pretty architecture, etc. The South End also has a number of good galleries.

I'm wondering if doing a full day HOHO tour is the best choice. Instead, I'd suggest a quick trolley tour for an overview, then heading to particular places of interest. Keep in mind that there is significant overlap between where HOHO will take you, and where you will be visiting when you walk the Freedom Trail.

When visiting Harvard, check out the Cambridge Artists Cooperative. It's tucked a bit behind the "main drag" so you might miss it.

Boston's "little Italy" is known as the North End. It's a very historic and interesting neighborhood as well as being a great spot for Italian shops and restaurants.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

If you like modern are, the Institute of Contemporary Art is a good take in. It will also give you a chance to see the rapidly developing Seaport District which is really quite different from the rest of the city (for good or bad). You could have lunch or dinner there somewhere by the water.

Cullercoats, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

Thank you very much everyone there are quite a few good idess that I think we will try to do. I can't wait until tuesday!

8. Re: Does this sound ok or have i missed anything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:18