We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tufts Area Hotel search

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tufts Area Hotel search

Visiting Tufts U. Oct 5-7. Hotels in Medford or Sommerville are all booked or extremely expensive.

Can anyone point me to an area within a 10 or 15 minute drive of Tufts which has a concentration of Hotels offering free parking. Would the area of Woburn be a good place to look?

Thanks for any help..

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

Woburn is beyond your 10 or 15 minutes, but not by a lot, so a reasonable choice. I don't understand the Medford and Somerville hotels all being full, but so be it.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
477 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

Maybe the Homewood Suites in Arlington? Not very far from Tufts, and has parking.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,160 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

Is this Parents' Weekend? Could be why many hotels are sold out. I would also look at hotels in Burlington and Waltham, both of which are accessible on 95.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

The Homewood Suites in Arlington would be good, also the Best Western Tria in Cambridge, but if Somerville/Medford are sold out or expensive I would expect these would be, too. October is prime tourist season, maybe they are getting overflow from people who don't want to pay for downtown. Burlington and Woburn would be good to try. They aren't too far. Stoneham would be good, too, but I can't think of any hotels there. Waltham is a bit further, but doable. Lexington could work, too, but that is a tourist town.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

Try this site -- they are the official housing portal for Tufts.

campustravel.com/university/tufts/visit_medf…

The rates are not always great, but its a start. If you have any business at Tufts, like a student visit, you qualify for the discounts.

Also note that if you can take the T to Davis Square, its about a 15 minute walk to campus, and there is a school-run bus from a company called Joseph's. They refer to it as the "Joey" bus, and you can find more information at the university's website.

Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

I used the Tufts site. Sort of cumbersome. They have you fill out a form for each hotel, then the hotel contacts you. All 6 listed were either full or in the $250 / nite range. Not making a lot of trips back n forth so 15 mile range would be o k. Thanks for all the tips.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

In Waltham there are a number of hotels just of route 95. It would probably be a 20 to 30 minute drive to Tufts depending on the traffic. That weekend is parents weekend so there will be many activities and as I recall they usually have a tent by the football field and a catered lunch is served to parents on Saturday before the football game.

Edited: 12 September 2013, 17:11
8. Re: Tufts Area Hotel search

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:17