We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

Bethany Beach...
Level Contributor
107 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

In 2001 we stayed at the Wyndham Boston. Am looking to return but when I try to search for Wyndham Boston (I only kept a drink coaster so I have no other info of where I stayed) I get no results. Keep being redirected to Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill. When I google map WB Beacon Hill it seems much farther away from Faneuil Hall then I remember walking. Are these indeed the same hotels or has the Wyndham Boston that I stayed in changed names?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,293 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

The Wyndham Beacon Hill is the old Holiday Inn, recently rehabbed. I don't know where there was another Wyndham back in 2001. Do you remember the Location?

Bethany Beach...
Level Contributor
107 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

Thanks for answering. That is my problem - I don't have an address nor do I know the city well enough to look at a map and pick the location. I do know that it was an older more elegant hotel and that I'm sure we didn't walk more than 3-4 short blocks to the waterfront - Faneuil Hall area. Not that this means anything, but I'm pretty sure we walked out the main entrance to the hotel, went left and walked slightly downhill and possibly curved to the slight right to the waterfront area where they sell the steamboat tickets, etc. I also remember that as we walked - halfway to the waterfront - on the left was a very small historical building just stuck there out of place (at least I'm pretty sure I remember that:) Any help would be appreciated as I can't imagine that it isn't still a hotel - just changed names.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

Do you remember anything else? Did you park for free? Was there a Hess station nearby? How did you get to tourist sites? I am thinking Wyndham Chelsea may have labeled itself "Boston" back then.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

Sorry we were typing at the same time. Can't think of any that fit the bill ..... But it is not Chelsea.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

The Courtyard Boston Downtown used to be the Wyndham Tremont House (which prior to that bore the name 'Tremont Wyndham Grand Heritage Boston')

marriott.com/hotels/…

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

Note on my last post: if this is the property you are thinking of, I would avoid it. Its expensive and ranks as the fourth WORST hotel in Boston on TA. Much better options in the neighborhood and throughout the city. If you give us your exact dates of travel and budget we could make some better suggestions for you.

Maine
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

I came across an old reference to the Wyndham Boston Downtown which has the address of 89 Broad St.

That address is now the Hilton Boston Downtown / Faneuil Hall.

Take a look and see if that looks like where you stayed.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

I just saw that too soxfan - hotelhotline.com/Hotels-United_States-Massac…

If its that Hilton, again, there are much better, cheaper options worth considering.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,293 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

I think this is it. It is now the Hilton Boston Financial District, used to be the Wyndham Boston. Check out www.point-travel.com/boston/wyndham-hotel.htm

Bethany Beach...
Level Contributor
107 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Wyndham Boston the same as Wyndham Boston Beacon Hill

Yes, I'm sure that the hotel I'm looking for is the Hilton Boston Downtown. I looked it up on google maps and I could see how we walked down to the harbor, Legal Seafood, etc. I also quickly looked at some TA pics that people posted and I remember our room being weirdly configured with the bed at an angle to the wall - just like in a few pics. Now I have a basis to start to begin planning our trip. Thanks for all the replies.