We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston with a 8 month old

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Boston with a 8 month old

Hi everyone,

I'll be traveling to Boston with my son, he's 8 month old. Should we bring our car seat? or is the Stroller enough?

I'm considering we need to take a cab from the airport to the hotel, and then while in the city, we need to take the T. I've read places it says that we don't need a car seat for cabs? Is this true?

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,445 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston with a 8 month old

It has been said that legally speaking, you don't need a carseat for Cabs, but others have disputed that. You need to do what you are comfortable with. A carseat cannot be used on the T. A small stroller is best because not all stations have elevators and you may need to take the baby out of the stroller and carry him/her and the stroller on the stairs.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
572 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston with a 8 month old

Personally I wouldn't feel safe putting my 8 month old in a taxi without a car seat, so even though it is a drag to have to carry a car seat with you on your trip, I would take one just for the cab ride. In fact, that's what I did traveling with my kids when they were young. Then bring a foldable umbrella type stroller for the T and on the streets. I wouldn't keep my child in the stroller on the escalators in the T stations.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston with a 8 month old

Cabs are not required to have child car seats. Although the law actually says children need to have them, this is not well known nor is it enforced at all. However, most parents feel that they would like car seats so it's up to them to bring their own.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
572 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston with a 8 month old

Taking a cab from the airport to a hotel downtown, you will be driving at highway speeds for a portion of your trip, so even though you're highly unlikely to get in an accident, the consequences would be significant if you were. Regardless of what the law does or doesn't require of you, if you use an infant car seat at home, why wouldn't you use one traveling?

5. Re: Boston with a 8 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:19