We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to Niagara

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Boston to Niagara

We are 2 Aussies, not scared of driving ,and have 3 nights to go from Boston to Niagara and back from Thurs 10th Oct to Sun 13th Oct 2013. Would love someone to suggest where to stay each night, and best route to see natural wonders and foliage.Cheers

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston to Niagara

Use 1 or 2 of your nights in the Berkshires - Stockbridge, for example. Then proceed to Niagara Falls, where you'll spend your other night.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston to Niagara

You could go through the Adirondacks then down and along Lake Ontario...much longer but prettier all around. Without getting off I-90 in NYS there is not much of anything, and I-90 itself is not particularly scenic. BTW Buffalo has a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house worth seeing: Martin House. Old Fort Niagara might be worth a stop. Also, Rochester's Eastman House and museum of photography. Perhaps Highland Park or Mount Hope Cemetery would be worth a stop? The falls at Rochester on the Genessee River are Ok, but not worth much of a detour.

Be sure and get wings in Buffalo. Maybe a Hot Bird in Rochester - or a Garbage Plate at Nick Tahou's.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston to Niagara

If I understand your dates you need to be back in Boston on the 13th. I love crazy road trips where I drive way too much in way too short a time but as long as I get to drive enough on scenic secondary country roads, mixed with scenic highways if possible for efficiency once in a while and unscenic highways if absolute necessary to get where I finally need to be in time. If i had your available time to visit Niagara Falls from Boston, or better said, when I have done this road trip more or less in the past, I did it more or less according to this route: - http://goo.gl/maps/P27oT

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston to Niagara

Keep in mind this is Columbus Day weekend .... A popular time for locals to do road trips. I would map out your route and try to get lodging reservations in advance.

Happy Planning!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston to Niagara

This doesn't leave you a lot of time in Niagara. It's basically the better part of a day going and coming back...

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,040 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston to Niagara

You will find that many inns and B&B's will have a minimum stay requirement on that weekend and many will be fully booked already. Traffic may be a big factor on your Sunday drive home.

Can you shift your schedule to do this trip during the week and be in Boston that weekend instead?

7. Re: Boston to Niagara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:19