We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fenuil hall area or back bay?

California
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
fenuil hall area or back bay?

I am heading to Boston for a business trip in a few weeks. This will be my first time there and I am heading to Bingham Hospital.

I am contemplating on staying at Ames near Fenuil Hall or Sheraton or the Eliot hotel near cropley square. Does anyone have any suggestion on which one is better? I am just spending one night there so I want to make it good.

I just want a night away from the kid and eat good food.

Edited: 29 September 2013, 05:31
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,806 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

Either one will work but Back Bay is a bit closer to Brigham and Women's Hospital. In all cases you would take an e-train on the green line but it would be fewer stops from the Prudential station than than from the Haymarket station.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

The Eliot is a cool smaller hotel with Boston tradition.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,167 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

Copley Square is much easier a lot too see and do.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

Bingham hospital? Not familiar with that. Did you mean Brigham?

If you're going to Brigham and Women's then Copley is a few stops closer on the Green Line.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

I vote for the Eliot at Copley Sq. - lots to see and do! - and closer to where you need to be!

Jo

Boston
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

Yes, if you are headed over to the medical area, Copley Square is a bit more convenient. The Sheraton and Eliot are radically different hotels. The Sheraton is a very big convention/business hotel. The Eliot is smaller and boutiquish.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

The Eloit is on the corner of com and mass ave. It sits over part of the commonwealth mall/emerald necklace. Nice part of back bay and a relatively quiet area in the early morning.

8. Re: fenuil hall area or back bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:18