We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-day travel

San Juan, Puerto...
1 post
Save Topic
4-day travel

Good evening guys,

Im going to Massachusetts for a few days later on the year and I was just wondering what would be the cheapest way to get around. I need to go from Logan to the Hawthorn suites in Franklin and from said hotel to Gillette stadium. Also maybe from that hotel to Downtown boston.

Can you guys help me out, I want to move around the places I mentioned but I dont want to overpay for cabs. And I really have no idea of how's the public transportation around there

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,643 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-day travel

You'll need to rent a car for sure.

Boston...
Level Contributor
550 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-day travel

I agree. Rent a car or stay somewhere else.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4-day travel

Agree with the others, rent a car to go ffrom Logan to Franklin and Gillette Stadium.

An option for going Franklin to/from Boston is the Franklin line of the commuter rail. I think it's around $17 roundtrip, mbta.com will have exact details. That line does not run 24 hours a day but if you're going for a day it saves driving and sitting in traffic.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4-day travel

I agree, your best bet is to rent a car. You could check the Enterprise Rent A Car site and look at the "economy" car to see what you think. You actually can't beat it and you'll get from point A to point B TO point C a lot quicker and a heck of a lot cheaper. A taxi would be outrageous getting you to your various destinations. Definitely rent a car. Good luck and have a wonderful time no matter what you decide to do!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,831 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 4-day travel

NoMo01,

Welcome back!!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4-day travel

Public transportation is nearly non-existent in the suburbs, which where you'll be staying and where Gillette s located. In addition, taxis are rare and you would definitely need to look online to see if there is a taxi company in Franklin and if there is, then book your trips in advance. They do not just drive around, looking for fares, because everyone has cars out here in the suburbs. Additionally, I have read in other threads here that taxis do not go to Gillette on game days due to the high traffic and rerouting of the highway lanes to accommodate the amount of traffic. if you are just staying out in Franklin because of the game, consider staying in Boston instead and then taking the Patriots train from Boston right to Gillette Stadium for the game and back.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4-day travel

Rent a car!! I just came back from a 3 day weekend to Boston, and I also needed to visit Gillette Stadium. I rented from Dollar Car Rental, it was pretty cheap and they gave me a free upgrade when I arrived. For some reason, Enterprise car rental has a huge line...cheap rates?

Park at Boston Common Garage when you arrive in Boston, then you can walk everywhere from there. Parking at Gillette Stadium should be free, unless you're going to see the game.

8. Re: 4-day travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:19