Hi! My husband and I are going to Boston for 4.5 days next week for our anniversary. I've gotten the majority of our itinerary complete, but need some help with the finishing touches. Any help is appreciated for MUST-SEEs that I may have left out, and there are a few meals that I can't decide on where to eat. Help please! :)
Day One (Thursday Oct 24)
• US Airways 1980 departs Charlotte @ 7:55 AM & arrives @ 10:07 AM @ Terminal B
1. Buy a 7 day Link Pass @ the airport subway terminal or South Station
2. Take the Silver Line T to South Station & transfer to Red Line to Park Street
• Nine Zero Hotel – 90 Tremont Street Boston, MA 02108 (3 PM check in – drop luggage off)
• Sam LaGrassa’s for lunch – 44 Province St (right around the corner)
• Take the Green Line from Park Street to Science Park/West End
• Boston Duck Tour 3:00 PM - $34 each Museum of Science departure – 8 Charles River Ave (80 minutes long , leaves every hour – 4 PM last one)
• Take the Green Line from Science Park/West End to Arlington Street Station
• Walk to Shreve, Crump, & Low Jewelry Store – 39 Newbury Street
• Walk more of Newbury Street quickly(window shop in high end boutiques)
• Walk to Beacon Hill – Arlington St to Beacon St, left on Brimmer St, right on Mt. Vernon St, Louisburg Square is on left (John Kerry lives in Louisburg Square) Take Willow Street to Acorn street on right (most photographed street in America) Take left on W. Cedar St, right on Chesnut St, left on River St, right on Beacon St (Cheer’s on the right)
• Go to Cheer’s Bar for dinner in Beacon Hill – 84 Beacon Street
Day Two (Friday Oct 25)
• Take Bridge St to Washington St, Turn left on Church St, Turn right on Derby Square, Turn left on Essex St, Turn right on Central St
• Have brunch at Red’s Sandwich Shop – 15 Central Street
• Salem Open Market (Derby Square 11-6 & Essex Street 11-10)
• Haunted Happenings Carnival 2-10PM @ Derby Street
• House of Seven Gables ($12.50 each)– 115 Derby St – Open 10-7
• The Witch House / Corwin House ($8 each) – 310 ½ Essex Street
• Original Michael Myers @ 57 Wharf Street from 12-8 PM
• O’Neill’s Pub & Restaurant for dinner – 120 Washington St
• Captain Dusty’s Ice Cream- 143 Derby Street
• Spellbound Tour 8:00 PM (45 minutes) $13 each – Departs @ The Magic Parlor 213 Essex Street (buy online)
• Returning Trains from Salem : 9:32 PM (Train 1172), 10:38 PM (Train 1128)
• Take Green Line from North Station to Park St.
Day Three (Saturday Oct 26)
• Breakfast @ Thinking Cup – 165 Tremont Street
• Freedom Trail (2.5 miles 2-3 hours)
o Boston Common – 147 Tremont Street
o State House – 24 Beacon Street
o Park Street Church – 1 Park Street
o Granary Burying Ground – 97 Tremont Street
o King’s Chapel – 58 Tremont Street
o King’s Chapel Burial Ground – 40 Tremont Street
o Benjamin Franklin Statue – 45 School Street
o Old Corner Book Store – 3 School Street
o Old South Meeting House $5 each (don’t have to go in) - 310 Washington Street
o Old State House $7 each (don’t have to go in) – 206 Washington Street
o Site of Boston Massacre – Devonshire & State St
o Faneuil Hall (Quincy Market)– Congress & North St
• Stop for lunch @ Pizzeria Regina – 2 Thacher St
o Paul Revere’s House – 19 North Square
• Mike’s Pastry (cannolis) - 300 Hanover Street
o Old North Church – 193 Salem Street
o Copp’s Hill Burying Ground – 21 Hull Street
o Bunker Hill Monument – 45 Monument Square
o USS Constitution – Charlestown Navy Yard (tour $5 each) Open T-S 10-4
• Walk back across the water and take the Green line from North Station to Park St back to hotel. Change for dinner.
• Dinner @ ____________________
Day Four (Sunday Oct 27)
• Breakfast @ _______________
• Take the Red line from Park St to Harvard Square
• Harvard Yard (right outside of subway station)
• Walk ½ mile up Brattle Street to Longfellow House (where George Washington lived during Revolutionary War)
• Walk back up Brattle St towards JFK St to Charles River, stop @ Curious George Store – 1 John F. Kennedy St (immediately next to Subway station)
• Eat lunch @ Mr. Bartley’s Burgers – 1246 Massachusetts Ave (straight up Massachusetts Ave from Harvard Square subway station)
• Take the Red line back to Park St.
• Go back to Hotel and get changed for dinner.
• Take the Green line from Park St to Fenway Station
• Walk past Fenway Park & down Boylston St to dinner.
• Anniversary Dinner @ Atlantic Fish Company – 761 Boylston St (MAKE RESERVATIONS)
• Take the Green line from Copley Square to Park St.
Day Five (Monday Oct 28)
• Breakfast @ __________
• Explore the Waterfront
• Boston Tea Party Museum $25 each 306 Congress St (75 minutes long – starts every 30 mins)
• Lunch @ _____________
• Go back to hotel & get luggage.
• Take the Red line from Park St to South Station & transfer to the Silver line to Terminal B @ Logan Airport.
• US Airways 1799 departs Boston @ 2:35 PM & arrives @ 4:56 PM.