We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Conway, Arkansas
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

Hello, myself (29 male) and a friend (23 female) are coming to visit Boston for the first time this weekend. Both of us are very big fans of film (her especially). While searching around I noticed this theatre has screenings of 12 Years a Slave, a film we both want to see but has no screenings around our hometown due to its extremely limited release.

However, we will not be into town until late. Our only chance to see the film will be the 10:30 showing. Granted the nearly 2.5 hour run time that would put us out of the theatre at a fairly late hour. I'm curious as to how the environment is around this location at that time of night. I'd really love to catch the movie, but I'm not sure how it would be getting back to our hotel afterward (Boston Park Plaza). Thanks!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

There are a lot of nightclubs nearby. You see quite a few people walking about between midnight and one am. You can safely stroll back to the Park Plaza from there.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

You should not have a problem, as the previous poster noted.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

It is a half-mile walk from the theater to your hotel; in addition to the people who will be at the nightclubs in the area, Emerson College is located nearby so lots of students out and about that time of night/morning.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

It's a little dicey, but you probably won't be killed.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

I wouldn't go walking in the Common itself late at night, but streets in that area will be filled with clubgoers and college students until at least 2:00 a.m on a weekend night, so you will not have a problem. You can always grab a cab if you prefer.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 18:44
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

If going right back to the park plaza, go right on boylston. Take boylston to the four seasons hotel and walk left around the four seasons condos. The park plaza will be across to the right on saint James. This is a nice safe walk at all times.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

Stick to the streets as mentioned, and don't cut through Boston Common. There will be loads of people out and about, so you will be just fine. Have fun.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

To be honest, the only thing that comes to mind when I think of Loews Theater on Tremont street is a murder committed there late at night on the sidewalk in 2002:

forensictechnology.com/Portals/71705/docs/bo…

but like I said before, you probably won't be killed.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,160 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

Except that murder happened at 6 p.m., 12 years ago, between two groups of friends over a drug dispute. That is not a common occurrence there nor is it a dicey area.

courthousenews.com/AppellateOpinions/9959.doc

Always take usually precautions in the city and be aware of your surroundings. I would not have a problem with that walk at that time.

Edited: 23 October 2013, 03:55
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loews Boston Common 19 Latenight

The corner of tremont and boylston can grab the interest of some, including me. The Little building has always been a favorite building of mine since I first stepped inside back in 1976. Tremont down to north Charles has a few interesting stores and buildings.