We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parking for Hynes on Sunday

I'll be driving into Boston from Hartford early on Sunday morning later this month. Is the best all-day parking for the Hynes Convention Center the Boston Commons Car Park? If I'm there by 8:30am, can I be pretty sure of a parking spot? Could anyone advise how long it takes to walk to the Hynes Center from the Commons car park? Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Map quest has it at a mile and 21 minutes. The prudential has parking, not sure about weekend rates. If money isn't an object the Sheraton is right there.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Meters are not in effect on Sundays so IF you find a space at a meter, you can stay all day.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Good to know. Thanks. I see the T runs to the Convention Center, too, if I park under the Commons. I'll look for a metered space, though.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

If you come on Sunday by 8:30, I think you can feel pretty confident that you will find a metered space.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Yes meters don't have to be paid on Sundays but you'll still need to read the signs in the area. So if the sign says parking limit two hours only and not followed by an except Sunday, you'll need to move your car or chance a ticket.

Edited: 01 November 2013, 19:28
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Two hour limits do not apply on Sunday, even if the sign doesn't say so.

Boston...
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Yep, metered parking is your best spot. I used to work in that area sadly on Sundays, and before 10am it was no problem.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Yes, early on Sunday morning you should be able to find a space on the street. The alphabetical cross streets allow nonresident parking during the day and the meters don't apply on Sunday. You might have to cruise up and down them for a while and you are likely to have more luck west of Comm. Ave. To be closer to the Hynes look on Exeter, Fairfield, Gloucester, Hereford

I have had reason recently to be in the Back Bay on some Sunday mornings and have had luck finding a space on the street every time.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 04:29
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking for Hynes on Sunday

Thanks everyone:)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor