We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
342 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

We're hoping to go to a couple of shows this week. We can't afford the full price tickets, but I've done half price tickets in a couple of other big cities with success.

Any suggestions on which site is better in terms of seat selection and/or price? Or whether there's another option I don't know about?

We'd like to go see Blue Man Group and "In the mood" which is at the Cutler Majestic.

TIA!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,685 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

Have no clue about Goldstar, but Bostix is available in two locations.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

Goldstar is good if you want to buy in advance. For day of tickets, I like Bostix. Blue Man Group should be available through both of them.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

Both, or either. If the web is your preferred m.o., keep checking both. But your best price for Blue Man Group is likely to be live at a Bostix kiosk day-of. Blue Man Group has been up on their (computer printed 8 1/2 x 11) marquee everytime I've gone by, which is most days.

Boston...
Level Contributor
418 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

Here's an outside link of Thanksgiving dining options, hope that will give you a few options:

bostonusa.com/visit/…

Boston...
Level Contributor
418 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

Whoops, sorry, I posted on the wrong thread... since I'm here, I'll comment now. It looks like it's slightly cheaper after service fees and whatnot on Bostix then Goldstar, and you can buy online. You may save the $3 processing fee if you buy in person at Bostix, but I'm not really sure.

If one doesn't have the availability you want, I would just buy through the other. I can't comment about the seats as they just share the general location.

6. Re: Bostix or Goldstar for discount tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19