We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

Camp Hill...
11 posts
Save Topic
Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

The hotel I booked several months ago for the Boston Marathon weekend is closing, so now I am totally out of luck and I have a really small budget. I found Candlewood Suites in Braintree has rooms. I don't care if this is a horrible hotel, I just need a place to crash for a couple night. The question is, can I get to Boston Commons via the T on the morning of the race? I have to be there between 6-7:30am. I will be traveling alone, so that is a factor as well. I do have a car, but not sure. I am having trouble understanding the T lines. Is it possible to walk to the T station from this hotel (I think there is a T station in Braintree)... or would I have to drive to the station, find a parking spot, etc. Sorry, I am frantic right now!

This is the hotel address: 235 Wood Rd, Braintree, MA

Thank you for any help you can give me! I need to know whether to book this hotel or not.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

You can't walk to the T from this hotel. You would have to drive and park at the Braintree T station. You can take the T (red line) from Braintree to Park Street. It'll probably take you about 45 minutes. mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/… First train leaves Braintree at 5:15am. Are you a runner? The marathon starts in Hopkinton.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

First, it's not a horrible hotel. I know the hotel and area. There's a decent gym across the street, the wood road deli which offers great breakfast sandwiches and lunches and konditor meister for sweets.

Getting to the t is not walkable. You'll need to cab it to one of the Quincy stations or drive if you have a car. Quincy Adams would be the station if my choice.

The drive to Boston isn't hard. If you decide to drive in there are places to park away from the activity.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

There are no T stations within walking distance from this hotel. It is in the middle of an industrial/office area along route 93/128 (keep this in mind when planning for your meals as well). You may want to contact the hotel to inquire whether they have a shuttle to any T stations. The other option is to call a taxi from the hotel to take you to the T station. The hotel staff should be able to give you an idea of the cost.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

Megan,

Go to googlemap.com

click on Get Directions

enter your hotel and Boston Common

click on the subway/bus icon for public transportation

enter the date and time that you want to depart.

You'll see you have a 12 minute walk to a bus. An 8 min ride to the MBTA station. A 26 min ride to Boston Common and then walking to where ever you pick up your bus. I'm assuming you are running the marathon.

It says 1hr 1min, but I wouldn't count on it so leave a good buffer.

I guess you could drive to the MBTA station as there appears to be a lot of parking there (at least based on the satellite view).

Hope that helps a little, never been to Braintree so I can't verify any of this but its a start.

Also, it does appear that your hotel borders the Blue Hill Reservation which is a huge tract of land. That should be a good place to run.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 23:38
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

The cab service in that area is Braintree Best. This is on the Quincy line so use a Quincy t station.

Mbta.com

Camp Hill...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

Thank you everyone for your swift replies! It looks like I have a lot of options if I stay here, thank you :)

Yes, I'm running the marathon. I know it starts in Hopkinton but runners are bussed there from Boston Commons so that's why I inquired about getting there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

That part of the blue hills is not ideal for runners. The roads are travelled heavily by cars with no sidewalks. The best part of the blue hills is over by milton and canton.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

@Megan M:

If you're driving to the hotel, you can very easily drive from there over to the Quincy Adams Red Line "T" station garage, where daily parking is pretty cheap. I leave my car there when I leave for the airport from work, just up the hill from the Candlewood. I don't know what it's gotten to cost now, but others on this board would. I think that that's your best deal.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

Btw

Which hotel is closing?

Woburn...
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Take the T from CandlewoodSuites Braintree to BostonCommons?

I am wondering if it is the Howard Johnson's on Boylston St.. I heard this morning that it is sold and closing at the end of the year. New owners are turning it into a mixed use property.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 12:41