We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch stop suggestions

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch stop suggestions

We're looking for something inexpensive and delicious for a meal between our visits to the Harvard Museum of Natural History and BODY-WORLDS-Vital-at-Faneuil-Hall-Marketplace on Saturday. Thanks:)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

What do you mean "between"? You're not planning on driving, are you? The subway is the way to go, so you'll have to choose time-wise which location works better for you. If it works, Quincy Market, which is your second location, is an interesting place for a lunch.

Edited: 26 December 2013, 12:22
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

I like McCormick and Schmick's which is in the Quincy Market area. mccormickandschmicks.com/Locations/boston-ma…

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

I would eat at the North End, many, many Italian restaurants to choose from, less than a ten minute walk from Quincy Market.

Some of my favorites are in Harvard Square -

* Russell House Tavern

* Bartley's Burger Cottage for a quick hamburger (cash only)

* Border Cafe - Mexican with a Cajun flair

Quincy Market also has tons of chooses, too!

Enjoy!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

Bartley is a good suggestion.

Faneuil hall has the food court which you can get a filling lunch for around ten dollars

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

Harvard Square has great inexpensive places for lunch and it's more off the beaten path, not touristy.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

Ditto what caroline said. You'll get more for your dollar in the square.

Rehoboth...
Level Contributor
80 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

charlies kitchen , tommy doyles pub, john harvards brew house or bartleys burgers in Harvard square ...... quincy market area has endless places as well but I really enjoy Paddy O's as well as the hard rock café . if you want something completely different , you can walk a few minutes from quincy market into the north end ....famous area for Italian food and its really right across atlantic ave from quincy market and an easy walk . while your there you can check out the paul revere house for like 4 bucks and get your photo with the famous revere statue ....... enjoy !!!

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

FYI

Tommy Doyle's just closed

also, love Mr. Bartley Burgers but be aware cash only and no restroom, plan accordingly!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,757 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

I'm understanding that you want it in between time-wise, but not necessarily in the middle geographically. You'll want to take the T to Faneuil Hall.

There is a great food hall at Faneuil Hall if you want to grab something on the go. This is NOT your average mall food court!

In Harvard Square, I love Bartley's Burgers but it can be crazy busy. If you'd like a sit-down lunch in a fun atmosphere, Border Cafe is a good spot. It's Tex Mex and Cajun. They've become a small chain, but it's reasonably good and this is the original location. It's been there forever (well... since 1987). Lots of items for under $10. Here's a menu with prices …menupages.com/restaurants/border-cafe/menu They don't seem to have prices on their webpage.

10. Re: Lunch stop suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18