We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

cape cod
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

Looking for a good restaurant to bring my daughter and her friends next month for our birthday weekend. We are staying at the Lenox hotel and will be walking most likely so would prefer something close. Heard mixed reviews on Top of the Hub but that is a great experience as far as ambiance. Want to make it a special weekend for my daughter. She is turning 15. What are the chances of getting into the top of the hub for desserts and drinks if we had dinner elsewhere? I know it gets crazy there. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

I might suggest going to the bar at the Top of the Hub during the day to have appetizers and a drink. You can see more in the daylight.

Unfortunately the Back Bay is swamped by chain restaurants. I live here and except for a few small ethnic places I leave the neighborhood to dine. If she is a big dessert fan you could try Brasserie Jo at the Colonnade Hotel on Huntington Street. They have incredible desserts - tell her to try the profiteroles where they pour chocolate sauce at the table until you say uncle.

For a great meal I suggest walking for taking the MBTA to Kenmore Square and have dinner at Island Creek Oyster Bar. Or, if they like simpler food, they might also like the menu at Eastern Standard, next door.

Are the girls adventurous eaters? If so, I might also suggest La Voile for the feeling of a trip to France or Tapeo for a taste of Spain both are on Newbury. Tapeo is tapas and meant for sharing. Just have them check out the menus online before deciding.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

Another good dessert spot is Finale.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

Does she like seafood? The Atlantic Fish Co is one of my favorites. It's a good choice for a special meal in a lively atmosphere.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

Christi beat me to it! I second Atlantic Fish if you don't care to venture far from the Lenox Hotel.

Enjoy beautiful Boston!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

Ditto what teacher said. Browse around during the day and don't hesitate to ask the help of your concierge.

6. Re: Good restaurant near Lenox Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:20