We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant very close to TD garden?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant very close to TD garden?

I am going to the figure skating championships at the TD Garden with my teenage daughter tomorrow. We are looking for somewhere very close to walk to (it will be rainy) for lunch. Any suggestions for someplace inexpensive (10-15 an entree) that might be enjoyable for a teenager? Is there anything right in North Station so we wouldn't have to go out in the rain? Thank you!

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

There's nothing inside North Station that I'd really recommend. They have a McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, I think Crazy Dough Pizza is still there, the whole station's not a great eating place.

Directly across the street within about a 60-second walk you can choose from pizza, a Qdoba, or several pubs with sit-down restaurants. McGann's on Portland Street is one.

Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

Thanks so much! Sounds like there are some good options right across the way. I appreciate your help.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

Plenty of pub options up canal and friend streets. Halftime Pizza is awesome.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

Just came back from the men's short program figure skating championships at td garden. Really fantastic talent, skill and spirit.

As for food, you have plenty of choices in the area as mentioned by previous post. (My vote would be to go to Regina's even if it is raining)

Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

Thank you both!

Men's short program sounds like it was amazing!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

There are lots of sports bars/pubs in the area where you can eat. I was recently at Boston Beer Works. I was expecting they typical mediocre pub grub, but was pleasantly surprised that it was a cut above.

Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

We ended up at Half-Time pizza. There were quite a few competitors from the event there as well, so we had a great time!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

Wonderful! Thanks for reporting in. I am going back tonight for skating spectacular. Looking forward to it!

9. Re: Restaurant very close to TD garden?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19