We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan Airport timing

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
970 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Logan Airport timing

Many of the posts I've been able to find are fairly old, so I'm asking for help in scheduling flights through Logan. I'm planning a trip from Boston to Dublin, but need to get to/from DC to Boston on the front and back ends.

I'm considering a flight from Dublin that gets into Logan at 6:10 pm on a Saturday night in August. There aren't a lot of choices for flights from BOS to DCA at that time. JetBlue has both an 8 pm and 9 pm flight.

From what I've read, Dublin has preclearance, so that should help with timing. But apparently they don't always pre-clear US flights in Dublin so I don't know if I can count on that for an August flight.

Which would you suggest? Or is even the 9 pm flight too tight and I should spend a night in Boston?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logan Airport timing

9pm is fine. But, why don't you just put your start and end times into the airline search and see what comes up? Are you booking each leg separate?

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
970 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logan Airport timing

I am probably booking each US leg separately. I'm flying BOS >> DUB >> BOS on points with Aer Lingus, and paying for the positioning flight DCA >> BOS and BOS >> DCA. I think JetBlue partners with Aer Lingus, so I may be able to at least streamline that one a bit. I would actually prefer to fly USAirways, but they don't have any evening flights on Saturdays. That may be how I get to Boston, however.

So you think I would be fairly safe with catching an 8:59 pm departure for DC with a 6:10 pm arrival from Dublin, right?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Logan Airport timing

Go for the 9 pm flight, as even that is tight. The 8 will definately be an issue. If you're running late, let a customs agent know you have a connecting flight and they will put you towards the front.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,579 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logan Airport timing

JetBlue and Aer Lingus are partners and I would also go with the 9PM flight.

5. Re: Logan Airport timing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:17