We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

Weymouth...
1 post
Save Topic
Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

Hi! My boyfriend will be needing to commute from Quincy center to Plymouth center for work. But he'll be getting out of work around 10:30 or 11 at night, so he probably won't be able to take the commuter rail back to Quincy. I'm not familiar with the different kinds of buses that run around the area... so any suggestions on bus routes/anything other transportation would be very helpful!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

By far, the best alternative for him is to rent a car.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

By far, the best alternative for him is to rent a car.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

I live on the south shore and I'm pretty sure there isn't any other option besides the commuter rail for public transportation between Quincy and Plymouth. As you know it doesn't run that late. Is this a permanent thing/? If so, he should buy a car. If not, rent a car like Alan said.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,516 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

Yes a car is your best bet.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

Another vote for car rental. Quincy to Plymouth isn't a common commute. There's not a lot, especially late. Car is best and safest bet.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

There really isn't any regular public transportation designed for a commute between Quincy and Plymouth, especially at that time of night. A car is really by far the best, and possibly only option.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

You can look at mbta.com and see the commuter rail schedules there. It appears the latest train is from Braintree at 10:59 and goes to Kingston, but not Plymouth.

8. Re: Transportation to/from Quincy and Plymouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:19