We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

Hi, we have a late night flight getting in around 11.30pm. We will be collecting a rental car at the airport for a one week NE drive holiday. I am trying to find cheap accommodation (motel, cabin) somewhere out of the city (preferably along highway 2) as we are driving to Bennington VT the next day. All of the city and airport accommodation is rather expensive and not necessary. We are happy to drive 30-45 mins that night after the flight to get out of town and avoid the Boston morning traffic. We are spending time in Boston when we return hence not wanting to stay on arrival. Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Bennington
Bennington
Green Mountains, VT
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

There's a Best Western on Route 2 in Concord which sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

You could also look for hotels along I-95/Route 128 in the Woburn, Burlington, and Bedford area. What route will you be taking to Bennington?

Mentioned in this post
Bedford
Bedford
Pennsylvania
Bennington
Bennington
Green Mountains, VT
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. In regard to the route google maps tells me to go route 2 but route 128 seems to be the same time so will look at the options around that area.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

Yes, I was thinking too that the Best Western in Concord would be ideal. If you go 128, there is an Aloft Hotel and the Element Lexington in Lexington, MA, both of which are close off the highway and also a Quality Inn and Suites in Lexington, also fairly close off the highway and probably a bit cheaper.

Mentioned in this post
Element Lexington
Element Lexington
478 Reviews
Lexington, MA
Lexington
Lexington
Kentucky
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

Sorry, I missed your reference to Route 2 in your first post. But, if I were arriving late at night after a long haul flight, I'd much prefer to stick with the major highways like I-93 and Rt. 128 and then set out for Rt. 2 the next morning. There are lots of hotels at various price-points just off these highways.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

These are all good suggestions but I like the first one best (Great Western in Concord). :-)

It would definitely be worth getting past 128 so you can avoid the horrendous traffic in the morning.

From Logan airport, take the Ted Williams tunnel to the Mass Pike to 128 (route 95) to route 2 (route 93 to 128 to route 2 is comparable - it just happens this is the way we always drove from Logan to Lincoln but route 2 is slightly north of route 117).

I've driven from Concord to Bennington about 1000 times. Okay, probably somewhat less than that, but it seems like hundreds of times. The conventional route is route 2 to interstate 91(I think) north to Brattleboro then across vermont on route 9. Very nice drive. When you've done that a few dozen times you can drive route 2 all the way to Williamstown and then north to Bennington. Also very scenic.

A-loft/Element whatever it's called now is very nice and would also be an excellent starting point the next morning. Nicer than the Great Western.

Edited: 13 February 2014, 23:26
Mentioned in this post
Lincoln
Lincoln
White Mountains, NH
Bennington
Bennington
Green Mountains, VT
Williamstown
Williamstown
Berkshires, MA
7. Re: Where to stay out of Boston after late night flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:18