We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice on itinerary

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice on itinerary

Dear all,

I plan to visit east part for 16 days in late March. I will travel with my wife and our little 1,5-year old daughter. The plan was:

- 3 nights in Boston

- 5 nights in NYC

- 3 nights in Philadelphia

- 3 nights in DC

However, I am not sure if the distribution is good enough or need some tunning? Also is there any other places/city that I should visit along that route?

We are interested on famous sightseeing/places, shopping (if not expensive), good eating. Famous museum like aerospace museum is interesting for us but not the artistic ones.

This is the first time for us to visit east part and we do not plan to rent a car.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

PS:

I also post to other cities forum to get more inputs.

Br.

Lukas

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice on itinerary

I would suggest staying somewhere in Back Bay or Beacon Hill area and definitely do the Freedom Trail. I was there last October and LOVED it. You wont be needing a car.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 23:02
Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice on itinerary

I would not add another city since 4 is enough for 16 days. I think the distribution of days is good, some people like more than 5 nights in NYC. If you decide to cut one day I would cut from Philadelphia if you have to. 3 nights in DC is good for you since you mention aerospace museums and there are plenty of similar free Smithsonian museums there. The Children's museum in Boston would be good for your daughter's age.

montreal
Level Contributor
635 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice on itinerary

There is so much to do in Washington , all the free museums , the mall ... I'd skip Philadelphia and spend more time in Washington . Maybe 5 in New York , 5 Washington and 4 Boston ?

4. Re: Need advice on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 15:33
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advice on itinerary

I wonder if you could arrive in Philadelphia early in the day, then take the train to DC late in the same day? I like Philadelphia a lot, but I think you could hit the non- art highlights pretty quickly. In my opinion, you will want more time in DC. 5 nights in NY seems good.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advice on itinerary

Hi, I asked many advices before going to US and I came back now. It is a wonderful country and we want to come back again.We were in Boston-NYC-Philly-DC for 3 weeks.

I like to say thank you once again for all advices and they has made my journey successfully, smoothly and more easily. Once again thanks to you all.

Best regards,

Lukas & family.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,066 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need advice on itinerary

Please share a little about what you did and so on? What parts did you like best? Was there anything the baby particularly liked?

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need advice on itinerary

Hi Lukas

If you are comfortable, can you share day by day itinerary which will help me? I am planning for a week and need to plan out what I should be covering.

Thanks

JS

9. Re: Need advice on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 07:15