We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean quiet accomodations

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nb
Level Contributor
434 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Clean quiet accomodations

Can anyone recommend accomodations in Boston that are within walking distance of attractions and would not break the bank? We are looking for something in the $200-$250 range. Any help would be appreciated!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean quiet accomodations

The price of lodging is going to depend considerably on your travel dates. I'd suggest you start by checking some of the travel sites like Hotwire, LastMinuteTravel, and Priceline, and see what they're offering. I personally have had great success in various different cities (including Boston) with Priceline's Name Your Own Price feature, but you need to be willing to share a bed (you might not have to, but you can't guarantee the number of beds on such a bid).

Pretty much any place in the popular areas is within walking distance of attractions. Look in Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall/Marketplace, Financial District.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,360 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean quiet accomodations

If you include your exact dates, forum members may have some specific suggestions. Prices fluctuate wildly. Also indicate how many people and how many beds are needed.

nb
Level Contributor
434 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean quiet accomodations

We were thinking on the first or second week of May, just my husband and I travelling.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean quiet accomodations

I put May 5th through the 9th into lastminutetravel.com and it shows some reasonably priced choices. The 4-star Back Bay hotel for $190 that comes up is the Marriott Copley Place. I know by the photos. This is a good hotel in a very good location.

May can be very expensive because it is college graduation season, so this is a very good price. I'm not sure of your exact dates, but rates will vary widely depending on the graduation schedules.

Here is a list of the graduations:

bostonzest.com/2013/11/boston-area-commencem…

Edited: 04 March 2014, 20:35
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,765 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clean quiet accomodations

Prices are sky high 16-18th. Avoid that weekend

nb
Level Contributor
434 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clean quiet accomodations

Thanks Cabinet and forgotmypword. Will check out the Marriott and hope to do our trip early in May.

7. Re: Clean quiet accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:20