We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

Hi,

Me and 3 other friends are staying in Boston in May, I have no idea wheres central to stay, and because were only there for such a short time Central is ideal. I'm looking for a cheap hotel and location ideas. I wouldnt mind staying in a Travelodge equivilant hotel. Ideally looking around £300/$500 for each room.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm so stuck.

Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

For $500 each room, that's not cheap (unless that's for multiple nights, which you haven't indicated). You actually have your choice of even the best hotels at that rate. You can read the Top Questions on the right, "Where to Stay..."

Edited: 06 March 2014, 12:03
Liverpool
Level Contributor
56 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

Sorry thats for the 3 nights

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

Your budget is about $170 per night per room, which is on the low side for Boston prices, especially in May which is high season due to the many college and university graduations. It matters when in May you are coming. If it is very, very early in the month, you might have a better chance, but most of the month will be high priced and availability will be low. I have stayed at Travelodges in the UK and they are an excellent deal: clean, centrally located and cheap! Unfortunately, we don't really have the equivalent of that type of chain hotel in downtown Boston, though I wish we did ( BTW, if you do ever run across a Travelodge in the US -do not stay there, Travelodges here are not the same thing at all as the ones in the UK).

So, please provide your exact dates, that will help us with suggestions. To give you a start, places that may be in your price range are the following budget hotels: Oasis Guest House, Copley Inn and John Jeffries House.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 12:48
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

Try the Hosteling International Hostel, the new one in downtown Boston. It's in your price range and it's in a great location.

hihostels.com/dba/hostels-HI---Boston-060151…

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

$179. Whew. To mangle a phrase: "It's not my son's father's hostel." ...Albeit, sounding very nice. The eight-bed room at $49 pp, single- or mixed-sex is more like it, figuring price inflation since it was the father's m.o. Nice that breakfast, soap and shampoo are included.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

The private rooms in the hostel are pretty nice; they are the ones going for $179. I stayed in one and they can fit three: a double bed with a single bunk on top. They aren't luxurious, the rooms are very basic Ikea style, but they are clean with a private ensuite bathroom, free breakfast and a great location! That is a good option for the OP.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

HI is great. But the private rooms are for 3 and the OPs party is 4. I guess each night a different person could sleep in a dorm room.

8. Re: Cheap, central hotels in Boston for 4 people (2 rooms)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:22