We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30th Birthday in Boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philly
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
30th Birthday in Boston

My husband and I will be in Boston for my 30th. Any recommendations on what to do that evening/night. It will be a Saturday. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

What time of year will you be here? I'd definitely start with a fancy dinner.

Philly
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

April 26

Philly
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

April 26 any restaurant recommendations?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,129 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

What kind of food do you like? What kind of vibe? What about price point?

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,031 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

Are you only staying one night? I was going to suggest a red sox game but they're away that weekend. For dinner, if you like Italian, you could go to the North End. That's our Italian section of the city. Many people on here like Mama Maria. http://www.mammamaria.com For a steak house we were just talking about Grill 23 in another thread. http://grill23.com

Philly
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

We will be in boston the 24-28. Red Sox Yankees is the day we get there. Have been looking for tix but of course pricey!! Our hotel is Boston Buckminster. Not sure if Boston is known for it but we enjoy Spanish/Mexican food?

Philly
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

Any opinion on mija cantina and tequila bar?

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

Boston is not known for Mexican food, as far as I know. But things do change. I would look on Chowhound and Yelp for food details. There are some tapas places here. Oh, and even if you do stay in Back Bay, which is fine, just know it's not the best food in that neighborhood. But some nearby neighborhoods have very good food ( I can't say if you will think its good, and I know Philly has some great food, but if you research a bit, you will probably get a few nice meals).

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

You are near a wonderful Spanish restaurant Taberna de Haro in Brookline. It is just one subway stop from your hotel or you could walk.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

It is a tapas restaurant with one of the best Spanish wine list in the area. You will need a reservation. It is always full. The perfect place to sit and sip sherry and share plates of wonderful tapa.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,129 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 30th Birthday in Boston

Check out Casa Romero. Old, classic, romantic but not living on old reputation. Their food and service is still good.

Don't be freaked by the alley entrance. ;)

Http://www.casaromero.com