We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harvard to Princeton

new jersey
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Topic
Harvard to Princeton

What's the best way to get from harvard to Princeton by public transportation? Thank you Elizabeth Meier

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Harvard to Princeton

Train or bus. You can also fly, but the last leg needs an addition, like a bus or car rental. The best way may be to rent a car.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 12:33
new jersey
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Harvard to Princeton

Which gets you to Princeton more comveniently and closer? He can't rent a car ..he's a high school student. Thanks elizabeth

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harvard to Princeton

This is really simple. He can take the Red Line subway to Boston South Station then either a bus or Amtrak to Princeton.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harvard to Princeton

Train to ny. New Jersey transit or Amtrak local to Princeton junction. There is a rail spur which drops you off on campus. I have not done it so can't give specifics but you can find this info easily. If you are applying to these schools you are a smart kid and will figure it out :-)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Harvard to Princeton

He's going alone?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harvard to Princeton

Is he staying overnight? Hotels often have minimum age for check in

Edited: 20 March 2014, 14:01
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harvard to Princeton

Hey, now we are worrying too much. Gotta assume the kid is going to stay with a friend or has a planned overnite dorm stay organized thru admissions, etc.... Apparently, they aren't worried about lodging, just the transport.

As an aside, the folks on the Princeton forum probably have more info than us anyway.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harvard to Princeton

So, this is not asking how to get from Harvard MA to Princeton MA?

I can't be the only one who thought that.

I have taken the train from Boston to Princeton, NJ - not to visit the campus but to interview at a company there. This was quite a few years ago. I remember changing trains in New York.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harvard to Princeton

I wonder whether any transportation companies/agencies have Web sites. With information about routes, schedules, fares--that sort of thing. Somebody should really look into that. And what would happen if you did a Google search on "public transportation from Cambridge, MA, to Princeton, NJ"? Food for thought.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harvard to Princeton

I was thinking that, too, Thomas, especially since the OP lives inn NJ.