We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Just read on Boston.com that Massport is starting a new non-stop shuttle bus service this spring going roundtrip from Logan Airport to Copley Square and the Hynes Convention Center in the Back Bay. Didn't see an exact start date but they say it's going to be a 2-year trial. I would imagine this is going to be extremely popular. $5 per ride or free with a valid MBTA pass. I assume that would include the 7-day pass that many tourists buy but I don't know for sure.

boston.com/business/…story.html

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Thanks for the update. That would be great since the Government Center T Station will be closed, but will be very rough on the taxicab business.

Edited: 20 March 2014, 18:57
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Yes, excellent idea. Visitors: this appears to be different from anything on the MBTA, but hopefully Massport will do a lot to publicize it and give it a recognizable name and website.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Yeah, this will be tough on the poor cabbies..

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,113 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Seems like an odd use of public transportation unless the service is supposed to make a profit, which I doubt.

nlg
McMinnville...
Level Contributor
426 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

We are coming May 18th. Do you think it will start by then?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

We have no idea.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Service is likely to start this weekend. The bus is intended to ease problems that may be caused by closing Government Center Station. There is no longer a direct Blue Line/Green Line connection. Currently plans are to operate it until Government Center reopens in about two years.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Thomas,

To answer your question, Massport is increasing Airport Parking Rates by $3 a day in part to pay for this. boston.com/news/…story.html

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,582 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Should be interesting.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Shuttle Bus Service Logan to Back Bay

Is this the one where the MBTA turned up an independent old rail right-of-way, and they needed to take up tracks, lay roadbed and clean up some stretches to make way for this? Might be interesting to ride it just to see where it is. If it's the same one, I think earlier articles some months ago included a map. I wonder where it will rejoin the common surface traffic.

Anyway, anything that will relieve the cluster that the Government Center station project is about to be is a good thing. (Two changes for most trips that have always been one at Government Center; or go up to the surface, take a shuttle bus to cross the Government Center station, go back down and pay a second fare...)