We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

Going to be in Boston for 1 night only (Thursday). Looking for a restaurant within a mile or 2 of Copley Square that I can walk to. Something local, ethnic restaurants are okay. Just mainly looking for a good food, reasonably priced. Budget is probably around $25-$35 including a beer/glass of wine.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,528 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

A 2 mile radius of Copley Square is pretty much the entire central Boston area and then some. Even the North End is just under 2 miles. Boston is compact!

So, you have a huge variety of choices. It's hard to know where to begin in making a recommendation.

Though it's a bit further away, the North End is really special. It's Boston's "Little Italy" and a very historic area. You might want to consider it.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

How about a 1 mile radius then. Just used 2 miles cause I didn't want to limit myself if there was something a little further away worth the extra steps. I will be by myself if that makes a difference.

(Had dinner in the North End with my boss a few yrs ago. We stopped back by a couple of Irish pubs on the way back to the hotel. That was the night of the Boston Blackout so I guess you could say we really shut the city down. lol)

Boston
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

Take a look at Eastern Standard or Island Creek Oyster Bar. They are both in Kenmore Square. They are walkable or only a couple of stops away on the subway.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

You can walk up Boylston a few blocks, then cut over to Newbury, which is parallel, and walk down it. In the coming weeks/months, there will be many indoor/outdoor venues (with menus at the sidewalk) that are ethnic and not. It's fun to shop, even for locals. And your budget should get you a pretty good seafood deal, if you like. But you maybe ought to tell your PDT body clock that you want to eat before it does, as from 7 on, the lines grow at the weekend. Weekdays, not so much, except on stellar evenings. Then we're your competition.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

do you want Chinatown, since you mentioned "ethnic"? Dumpling Cafe on Washington St., Penang on Washington St. (next door to each other) are great. Pho Pasteur on Washington St. for excellent Vietnamese food. Chinatown is about a 20 minute walk or so from Copley.

Douzo on Dartmouth St. is excellent for Sushi and Japanese food. Across the street is the Salty Pig which makes great wood fired pizzas and charcuterie platters. These both are about a 2 minute walk from Copley Sq.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 16:27
Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

Copley Square area is full of restaurants, you don't need to walk anywhere. What kind of ethnic???

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

Thanks for the tips. I'll be wandering around there next week. Hope the weather's nice. Thanks again.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

Just wander.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

75 Chestnut off of Charles. We are here now and had a lovely dinner the night we arrived. It would be a nice walk from Copley(if the weather's fine!) Nice neighborhood place. We also ate at Eastern Standard, it was great,too- but maybe too far ? Also ate at Harvest near Harvard, really great meal and service, have to take the T to get there from Copley.

Boston...
Level Contributor
141 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant walking distance to Copley Square

BeantownMan is spot on with Douzo and the Salty Pig. Both are great and really close to Copley Square.

A little further off in the South End is Franklin Cafe. The food is fantastic, and it's definitely not a place you'll find many toursits. It's at 278 Shawmut Ave.