We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timers to Boston… where to stay? B&B advice?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
1st timers to Boston… where to stay? B&B advice?

My husband and I will be in Boston in May for a conference I am attending. We are spending one extra night to take in a Red Sox game, so I need to find accommodations for that night - Friday, May 16. Something seems to be going on in Boston that weekend because I am finding MANY places that are booked. I thought it would be fun/romantic to stay in an old historic building, like a bed and breakfast. Can anyone recommend a place with easy access to/from Fenway Park or easy access to the airport? I figured we could take a cab from the game or to the airport but I think it would be ideal if we could just hop on the light rail. All advice welcome! :)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st timers to Boston… where to stay? B&B advice?

May is a busy time of year with college graduations and such. Just read other posts concerning places to stay. - and do so soon.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,167 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st timers to Boston… where to stay? B&B advice?

Hi Kristen - May is college graduation season and the city is packed on weekends with graduates and their families. However, booking.com has the Omni Parker House, which is an historic old Boston hotel for $269 for your date for a deluxe double. From there, you can walk a few blocks to the Park St. T stop and take a B, C or D train to Kenmore for the game. You can also walk to the State St stop on the Blue Line to go to the airport.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,432 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st timers to Boston… where to stay? B&B advice?

That is THE BUSIEST weekend of the month with at least 11colleges graduating between the 17th and the 19th, including some biggies such as Boston College and Boston university.

bostonzest.com/2013/11/boston-area-commencem…

Hotels.com has the same Parker house deal as well as Sheraton Back Bay for the same price.

Another option you might want to try is bidding on priceline for a 4 star airport hotel. There are only 2 4-star hotels there. Both are good and you can make it work although it is not as easy as downtown, it isn't horrible either

4. Re: 1st timers to Boston… where to stay? B&B advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:16