We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First trip to Boston

North Carolina
Level Contributor
219 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
First trip to Boston

We are driving and parking at hotel in Boston. Don't want to drive within Boston for sightseeing. Looking at City View Hop On/ Hop Off trolley tour bus with 9 stops and the Boston Old Town trolley tour bus with 20 stops (also Hop On/Off) for our touring transportation. Does anyone have any experience on either one? Thanks for your help.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 19:59
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First trip to Boston

You can read their posted reviews here and elsewhere.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First trip to Boston

I haven't used a trolley tour anytime in years but I do see Cityview discounts on Groupon and Amazon local deal emails that I get frequently. Pretty sure Amazon local deals had a half-off sale for Cityview on the email I looked at this morning. Old Town may also do those but regardless if you do go with either of them it's worth checking out those deal sites to see if you get a good deal if you decide on which one.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First trip to Boston

The Mr and I used the City View Trolley a few years ago when I had issues with an old ankle injury and was having trouble walking. I think in a similar case or if you are short on time a HoHO works well. However don't overlook the fantastic T for transportation purposes. Boston is also quite walkable and walking is a fabulous way to explore the city and soak up its vibe.

Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: First trip to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:17