We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USA Travelling

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
USA Travelling

Going travelling to across USA and starting in Boston. Would like to stay somewhere central at reasonable price, does any one have suggestions. After Boston we will be going to NY, again any suggestions on reasonable cost good location hotel? Also is the freedom tower open to go up?any tips using Amtrak, have purchased a 30 day pass? Appreciate any help & suggestions.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,039 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USA Travelling

Boston is a very small city so you can't really go wrong. Popular areas for hotels include: back bay, downtown, quincy market/fanueil hall.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: USA Travelling

For the New York questions, you're better off posting on the NYC forum as their posters will have the most up-to-date and insightful info for you. Amtrak to NYC is a good idea. I haven't used the Amtrak 30-day pass but the TA rail forum will have good tips on that I'm sure. For the Boston stay, you'll get better responses if you post your exact (or at least ballpark) dates, your max budget per night, how many people and how many room/s (ex: 2 ppl 1 room each night, 3 ppl 2 rooms etc). Links below to rail forum and NYC forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_Tr…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USA Travelling

Thanks for the advice, so excited to see America for the first time!

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USA Travelling

Need a double room for 2 people, staying 5 nights. Would like central location. Budget £80-£100 per night room only. Appreciate if anyone has suggestions.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,143 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: USA Travelling

Hotel prices vary dramatically depending on what is going on in town. Do you have any idea of which dates you'll be in Boston. The same situation exists in many places. New York, for sure.

Also, can two peolple share one double bed or do you want 2 beds?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,143 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: USA Travelling

£80-£100 is $132-$165. That may below for both New York and Boston at many times of the year. BUT ... we'll know for sure if you share your dates.

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: USA Travelling

Yes we are a couple, boston we are arriving 5th May for 4 nights then straight to NYC for 4 nights. Not sure if it will be cheaper if I do it lastminute?! Appreciate the advice

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: USA Travelling

Hi Sam,

I am not sure whether it is available for your dates, but I would definitely recommend checking out the College Club of Boston. It is quite small, so it does sell out quite quickly. I recently stayed there and it was very affordable. It is like a BnB and I enjoyed that it is a different experience to staying in a chain hotel. The location is terrific, the rooms are huge and it has a very homely feel. However, be aware that there are no televisions in any of the rooms.

I also just published a detailed review of my time in Boston, which may help you out: rebeccaearl.net/usa-trip-beautiful-boston/

I am sure you will love your time there!

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: USA Travelling

Thank you so much for the great advice, I will certainly be checking out the college club.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: USA Travelling

Booking.com is now having a sale on rates for the Midtown Hotel for your dates: $626 total for all four nights,not including tax. It is a very good rate, since May can be an expensive month for hotel rates in Boston. The Midtown is a budget hotel in an excellent, central location in the Back Bay.