We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multi destination trip

Wales
Level Contributor
441 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Multi destination trip

Trying to plan a trip for my mothers 50th birthday and am looking at a multi destination trip.

At the moment sort of thinking maybe Boston,Niagra falls,Totonto, NYC and maybe Philly. Other than NYC we've not been to any of these places before so looking for people opinions.

Will be flying from the UK so looking for advice on which way round would be best?whether to fly/train/bus/drive from place to place?if there's anywhere else in that sort of area to consider?

Will be looking to keep travel costs as low as possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,982 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multi destination trip

I would look into flying into one city and out of another.

Niagara Falls and Tornonto are not easily accessible by train or bus.

You could try something like this.

Fly into Toronto

Rent Car to see falls

Fly to Philadelphia

From Philly take bus (Bolt, Megabus, etc) OR Amtrak train to New York City

From Manhattan take bus (Bolt, Megabus, etc) OR Amtrak train to Boston

Fly home from Boston

Depending on when you will be here, you may want to skip Niagara falls and add in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, or Cape Cod, or a beach community on Long Island (let New Yorkers direct you there) or perhaps Pennsylvania Dutch/Amish Country. All would be more easily reached from one of the cities you chose than Niagara falls.

What time of year to you plan to be here? Hotel prices vary dramatically with some times being significantly more expensive than others. This is especially true in NY and Boston, and I would expect it to be the same in Philly, althought I am not as familiar with hotel prices there.

HAPPY PLANNING!!!

Edited: 06 April 2014, 12:44
Wales
Level Contributor
441 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multi destination trip

Thanks for the info. Will be travelling in September,have 3 weeks booked off work.

Niagra Falls is a definite for this trip as will be the surprise part for her birthday. We've always wanted to go but never made it on past trips to NYC. Thought the addition of Boston/Toronto would be interesting as we've not visited them before.

3. Re: Multi destination trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 06:15