We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August 11- 15

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
August 11- 15

Okay, so tickets are booked with Jetblue airlines (never flown with them before) and will be staying at Boston Plaza Park from August 11-15th. Soooo excited to be back! I have had unsuccessful attempts on Google to these questions...please help!

Whats the best way to get to Fenway Park from Boston Plaza Park without having to walk about 2 miles?

Best way to get to Provincetown, besides using a car...if so, is it expensive?

What local restaurants in Back Bay/Beacon Hill that are affordable and yummy??

Is going to Cheers worth the trip?

Will TB win his 4th ring this season, given the upgrade in defense??!!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August 11- 15

From the Park Plaza, you can take the green line to get from Arlington Station to Kenmore Square to get to Fenway Park.

There is ferry service from Boston to Provincetown. Surely you can google what it would cost!

I've heard good things about Number 9 Park.

Is going to Cheers worth the trip? If you went to Westeros would you stop at King's Landing?

Yes, he will.

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August 11- 15

Green Line Arlington station to Kenmore station (do NOT get on the E line, that branches off before Kenmore). Short walk from there to Fenway Park. If you're able to walk back to the hotel it's worth it in my opinion to avoid the crush on the subway post-game. www.mbta.com

Provincetown Ferry is $88 r/t per adult, discounts for senior and kids. I know it's a lot of money but I took it a few years back with about 6 other people and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, great ride on the ocean. www.bostonharborcruises.com

Atlantic Fish Company on Boylston St near Prudential is good if you want seafood.

Cheers is fine if you're a fan of the show, it's obviously a major tourist spot. The staff has been friendly anytime I've been in there, which has only been when out of town friends or family visit.

Patriots over Cowboys 36-21 in the Super Bowl (had to take that shot since I see in your profile where you're from.)

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,167 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August 11- 15

1) The B, C or D train of the Green line to Kenmore

2)Ferry; as McT says, the fare sounds $$$ but the ride is part of the fun.

3)What do you like to eat and what is your idea of affordable (give us an idea of what you would like to pay

for a meal, tax and drinks excluded);

4) Good Lord no!

5) LOL.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August 11- 15

Thanks Thomas G.

LOL MccTripper!! I googled the price for the ferry after Thomas suggested, and it seems that it would be my best option, and since you say its a great ride on the ocean...I'll take it!

I had Atlantic Fish Co. my last trip there October 2013. I love the service, food was alright. I guess I am looking for suggestions to eat at daily for my whole week there, something that doesnt cost the price of a dinner.

Although I am from Dallas, Cowboys are definitely not my team. And if miraculously, they somehow make it TO the playoffs and TO the SB, score against the Patriots wont be 36-21....something more like 36-6, if Romo the Choker even scores. I cant wait for 2015 season when the Patriots play in Dallas.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 21:30
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August 11- 15

Try out the Summer Shack one night. Great fish tacos if you like them.

6. Re: August 11- 15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:16