We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boston calling

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
boston calling

We are planning to come to Boston for 4 nights (May 22 - 26) for the Boston Calling music festival...never been here before and are looking for suggestions on where to stay near city plaza. we are not opposed to taking public transportation, but are not interested in paying $400 / night like many of the hotels i've seen in this area. looking for something around $ 200 ideally but safe as we are 3 girls travelling.

thanks!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,009 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boston calling

It is Memorial Day weekend, college graduation season and this event. Cheap hotels are hard to come by.

For 3 people, on hotels.com I see the Omni Parker House for $314 a night. and the Revere Hotel (Boston Common)for $317. Both are a short walk from city hall plaza. They also have The Millenium for $291, and Club Quarters for $302 which are very close.

Looking a bit further away at places with easy subway access there is the Marriott Cambridge for $252, the Midtown Hotel for $262, The Kendall in Cambridge for $267, and The Embassy Suites Logan Airport for $172 (not ideal bit workable).

There are a few others that could also work, but over $200

If you find something you like, check back with us. Not all hotels with "Boston" in their name are in Boston or near convenient transportation

Edited: 09 April 2014, 03:33
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,009 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boston calling

Are you driving to get here? Parking adds $$ but once you find a hotel we may be able to find cheaper parking since some garages discount on weekends.

Winnipeg, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: boston calling

Not driving and no plans to rent a car. We plan on walking or using public transportation everywhere.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,009 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boston calling

Definitely do not want to rent a car. Walking and subway is the best way to go.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boston calling

High prices that weekend. On booking.com, I see the Constitution Inn in Charlestown for $235 per night ( this is a no frills hotel; it has a shuttle and there is a ferry downtown) or the Inn at Longwood in Brookline for about $245 per night ( this hotel is in a medical area surrounded by several hospitals, but it has good access to the subway).

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,163 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: boston calling

I plugged your dates into Trivago , a site that compares prices from different sources, and I see a few options. Check Club Quarters for $209 on booking.com. It's convenient to City Hall Plaza. Be aware that some of the cheaper hotels are a bit out of Boston. Check here if you have questions about a location.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boston calling

The Oasis Guest House in the Fenway has rooms available during those dates for your price range (<$200/night/room). Check out their web site. It's a great location in the Fenway neighborhood. It's very easy to walk to City Hall from there (20 minutes) or take the Green Line to Haymarket (Gov't Center station is closed right now).

http://www.oasisgh.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: boston calling

Have you tried Hotwire?

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: boston calling

BooKat, I'm quite certain you know this and were just typing quickly, but to minimize confusion and help the OP, let me clarify the Longwood Inn reference. The Inn at Longwood Medical that you describe is in Boston, not Brookline. There is also the Longwood Inn in Brookline, a town adjacent to Boston (discussed recently on several other threads).

Winnipeg, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: boston calling

What do you think about the Boston Marriott Cambridge ?