We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

This just came across on one of my rss feeds.

Greater Boston Hotel Rates for Boston Marathon Weekend

…curbed.com/archives/2014/04/greater-boston-…

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

Thank you, BostonZest. So, we're averaging ~ $550/night here. When I've cautioned people about this being one of the three peaks, I've thought I meant $350. Hoo Boy! This is probably no surprise to the tourism experts here, but my socks are knocked off.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,192 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

Ouch!

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

It really starts to sound sensible for runners to put 4+ into a room. And the hotels probably know it.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,050 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

Yikes!!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,766 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

Wow! I better make my Easter dinner reservations!!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

Yes, we all should have Easter, Mother's Day and any special occasions in the book at the place we want to dine. You couldn't pay me to be in a restaurant on any of those days so I'll leave the space for those of you who enjoy the special menus and extra crowds.

I'll be in Chinatown or a small ethnic place until it all settle down. Or, ordering take out from a food truck.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,766 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

My kids like Legal and last Easter went to Park Square. Regular luncheon menu, and not too crowded, although we did have a reservation. I am trying to figure out parking because of hubby' s mobility issues. I am assuming we will not find on-street parking, even with the handicapped placard. Park Square has a garage. Church is near the Common, so I assume I will park in the Common Garage and then pick him up and move to park square. Legal validates so parking is discounted.

Yes, the person who always advises "no car needed" will be driving!! Although, last month we went to a Celtics game and took the T because parking at the garden is tough and pricey. It takes way too long to get out of the garden GarAge and nothing else is close.

Edited: 12 April 2014, 07:09
8. Re: Curbed has the average hotel prices for Marathon weekend.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:17