We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do ???

lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
what to do ???

How hard is it to drive in boston?

Would you

1. drive to Lennox hotel check in with bags , then drive to Logan to give rental car up.Get water taxi / T back

or

2.just drive to Logan give car up and get taxi to Lenox

Mentioned in this post
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
3,531 Reviews
Boston, MA
Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,166 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do ???

I would do the second option. Driving in Boston is no fun!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do ???

First thought is where are you driving from in order to get to the Lenox Hotel? Then an appropriate response can be given.

Mentioned in this post
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
3,531 Reviews
Boston, MA
lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do ???

Yeh , sorry , that wasn't enough info !

We will be moving from Newport to the Cape Cod area the night before.

Can't decide wether to stay somewhere there or drive round and come back through to Plymouth!

It's not like me as I've got nearly every night booked of a 2 week tour!

:)

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Plymouth
Plymouth
Massachusetts
Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do ???

How much luggage and how many people?

Do you have enough hands to manage the luggage? I would skip the water taxi if you have tons of luggage.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do ???

Sorry, I'm not quite clear on this. Option 1 is drive to the the Lenox to drop off the luggage, then drive to Logan to Logan to drop off the rental car, then take a taxi back to the Lenox?? Wow. Sounds like a big extra step to me. By the way, the Water taxi is of no help to you. The Lenox is in Back Bay, so you'd have to take a taxi from the Harbor - yet ANOTHER step. So unless you have a lot of people traveling with you, just get rid of the car and take a taxi. BUT one more question. Can you leave the car Downtown instead of at the airport?? That would make this work much better.

Mentioned in this post
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
3,531 Reviews
Boston, MA
lancashire
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do ???

Hey Alanm thanks, not thought of trying to leave car downtown!

Great idea will look into it.

: )

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
945 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to do ???

I just returned from Boston (and a stay at the Lenox) yesterday.

I had a rental car from Enterprise - they have a location in the Back Bay in the Prudential Center - about a two block walk from the Lenox.

If you take luggage on the T to or from Logan. From Airport you take a free bus to the Blue Line Terminal. Take the Blue Line to Government Center and transfer to the Green Line. Take the Green Line to Copley station. A one block walk to the Lenox.

The key is how many bags do you have. I was travelling with my 11 year old son. Had two suitcases, his carryon duffel and my carryon briefcase.

You will need to lift your luggage on to the shuttle bus Up a few steps and on to the luggage rack.

The Blue Line is easy - luggage rolls right on. The car and the loading platform are the same level.

The Green Line is a pain. Most of the green line cars are trolley cards. They do not meet the platform and they have three steps up to get into the car. More lifting of the luggage to get it up.

There is an escalator up from the Copley Station to Boylston Street. But no escaltor down for when you leaving. More picking up and carrying bags.

If you are in decent shape and have enough help - you can carry all the luggage on the T - but if you may have more bags than able bodied people to carry them - you may want to reconsider.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Lenox Hotel
Lenox Hotel
3,531 Reviews
Boston, MA
Back Bay
Back Bay
443 Reviews
Boston, MA