We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape cod side trip on May 17?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
436 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
cape cod side trip on May 17?

I am coming to Boston May 13 and staying over the weekend. I was thinking of taking a side trip and spending Saturday night in Cape Cod (I have never seen it). is this a worthwhile trip (if I go to the Cape Saturday afternoon and fly out of Logan Sunday night)?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,265 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cape cod side trip on May 17?

Sure. I go to the Cape that weekend EVERY year. I have been doing it since the late 1980s. The weather is often good, it is not crowded, business people are in great moods as they anticipate "the season"

We love it. I have only swum once or twice but my teens swim. They are not as wimpy as mom ;)

You will have the best experience if you rent a car for the trip.

Edited: 02 May 2014, 17:47
Boston...
Level Contributor
5,403 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cape cod side trip on May 17?

It doesn't really give you much time to do anything.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,619 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cape cod side trip on May 17?

You really can use your time better seeing Boston itself. Leave Cape Cod for when you have more time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cape cod side trip on May 17?

Depends on your priorities. Yes you can do it, but it takes time away from Boston. I love the Cape, love the smell of the ocean air and wildflowers. You could pick a couple of towns to see and return Sunday. Just be careful not to return too late for your flight. There can be traffic off Cape on Sundays.

NYC
Level Contributor
66 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cape cod side trip on May 17?

I agree w mcmuffin. Go for it. Will be short/sweet but simply beautiful. I grew up there in the summers and I wouldn't hesitate to shoot down from Boston for a quick overnight.

6. Re: cape cod side trip on May 17?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:17