We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway On July 4th

Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fenway On July 4th

Hi- I want to go to Fenway on July 4th and then see fireworks that night. Kind of a bucket list thing.

Am I out of my mind?

The hotels are steep in price. We stayed at the Sheraton in back bay a few years ago for I think $100 a night from priceline.

Is every room within 100 miles of boston booked up for July 4th?

If not where can I stay outside of Boston but walking distance to a train to Fenway. I checked Gloucester,and they're even booked up. Have no desire to stay in a dirty unsafe hotel in a bad area (who does I guess?)

Thanks in advance

Tour of Historic Fenway Park...
39 reviews
from US$25.00*
Go Boston Card
127 reviews
from US$57.00*
Boston Bike Tour
114 reviews
from US$58.00*
New York to Boston Day Trip by Rail
1 review
from US$349.00*
Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fenway On July 4th

You should be able to get a room for that weekend, but prices might be higher. Believe it or not, it's not the biggest tourist weekend on the calendar around here. What hotels have you checked already? Also, have you purchased your Red Sox tickets for that day? Those might possibly be more difficult to come by than a hotel room.

I just took a quick look, and the Wyndham Boston Beacon HillBoston Beacon Hill has rooms available that weekend for $279/night, which isn't bad at all for Boston. It would be a great location for you; a quick walk to the Esplanade for the Fireworks, or a quick walk to City Hall Plaza for the Harborfest activites, close to the North End and Quincy Market areas as well. It's convenient to the Green Line at Haymarket for direct access to Fenway, as well.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,604 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fenway On July 4th

What hotels have you tried, and what is your nightly budget? I'm seeing a few under $200 hotels in Boston on LastMinuteTravel.com. The Doubletree Downtown, the Omni Parker House, and the Park Plaza. The rates for the latter two are probably for their small rooms.

Gloucester is booked because it's the 4th, I imagine, and not with overflow from Boston. It's not a convenient commute, especially at night.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fenway On July 4th

Do you have tickets for the Red Sox yet?? Boston is probably not fully booked but it is a busy week. What do you want to spend?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fenway On July 4th

To really "do" the Pops and fireworks, you have to get there early in the day to grab a good spot and be in place. If you're at Fenway, you will enjoy that but may end up standing up or not having access to the Esplanade area. I think it's a lot in one day.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fenway On July 4th

You really can't effectively "do" both the concert AND the Fireworks. It's usually better to pick one over the other. You can't see the Fireworks from the Hatch Shell area very well because of the trees. You also need to be in line to get a spot to see the concert early in the morning, or at least be at the Esplanade by Noon and be prepared to stand around until 8pm.

The best places to view the fireworks are from the Cambridge side of the river or from the Mass Ave. bridge if it's open to pedestrians this year. I usually myself go to the middle of the Longfellow bridge, but I doubt it will be open to foot traffic this year due to construction. You can check closer to the date when information is updated online about the concert.

http://www.july4th.org/

6. Re: Fenway On July 4th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 07:16