We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Hi all!

Just wondering can anyone give any advise what to do/see in boston for a few hours we have there! We land just before 8am and not due to depart again until 18.00pm , so giving time to travel out and back and security, etc, we have about 6-7 hours to explore!

I don't want to be panicking about time! So if there was something easy to do/see and take in breakfast/lunch, etc.... That would be perfect....

We will be here on Thursday September 11th......

I would love to hear any suggestions, thank you 👍😁

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

There's EVERYTHING to do in Boston. The city is only 20 minutes from the Airport (or less). Go on a walking tour. Go on a bus tour. Wander around.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Is there anything specific you would suggest? Where's good to eat and have some drinks in the afternoon before we go back to the airport?

Thank you 😁

Boston
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Unsure how much luggage you'll have if any, but if you wanted a little walking you could take a taxi to Boston Common/Beacon Hill area, grab some breakfast at Paramount on Charles St. or at a Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts type place if you want to save time, walk thru Public Garden/Boston Common, thru Downtown Crossing, Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market, lunch and drinks in the North End at any of the many good restaurants, if you want dessert there's plenty of pastry places there also. Walk to the Blue Line and take back to airport or take a taxicab or watertaxi. That sounds like a lot of walking but it's probably only about 2 miles of walking.

If you want to shorten, you could just go to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and North End.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Sure. My Boston CityWalks has a 10:00 AM whole city walk that includes the Downtown Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill and Back Bay. Www.bostoncitwalks.com.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Thank you very much , I'll look into all this more! I'm excited! I love seeing new places , even if it's only for a short time at least I can say I've been there 

Ive been to new York twice on holiday and have always wanted to go to Boston, this will be a little taster anyway  thanks again for the info....

Northern California
Level Contributor
136 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Take a water taxi from the airport to Rowes Wharf and check out the Boston Harbor hotel and surrounding area. A short walk to the aquarium and you can take another short water ride to check out the ship, USS Constitution.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

I like Fifi's idea to do things along the waterfront too. If you want to get a little of the Freedom Trail (you can see how much time you have to do some of it) but also be near the waterfront, aim for Faneuil Hall. That is only a few blocks from the Aquarium. Using that little area as your hub, you can get a good sample of attractions.

. You can also walk or subway over to the Back Bay, and perhaps do a short visit to the famous Public Garden, which is very pretty and has the Swan Boats. I do love the ship the USS Constitution, not sure if you have enough time. There will be a security line to board the ship ( it is still a US Navy ship).

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,639 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

By the way, a quick and fun lunch would be to visit the food trucks of downtown Boston. There are 2 groups of the fairly near "South Station" but on the Greenway. There are also food trucks in Back Bay.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

Don't try to pack too much in, especially if you are flying in on the red eye. You'll probably be tired. Keep in mind that Boston is 3 hours ahead of LV, so it will seem like 5:00 a.m. I would take either a trolley or a duck tour so you can sightsee and then a nice lunch in the North End or Faneuil Hall area before heading back to the airport.

10. Re: Stop over in Boston between flight from Vegas to Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17