We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi, could you advise on current weather conditions as the various sites I have visited differ dramatically! I am travelling 24-30 May. Any tips would be appreciated re: appropriate clothing.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Wait until a few days before to get a more accurate picture.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

The sites vary dramatically because our weather can vary dramatically. As others have suggested to your previous post, plan layers. At the very least, you will need a rain jacket.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,335 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Same advice you received on your other thread. At the end of May it could be warmer than it is now. Yesterday was 80, this morning it is chilly. We have had a few chilly, rainy Junes and some warm ones. Above poster is right. Wait until a couple days before you leave, check the forecast and then pack accordingly. Bring at least a sweater because even though the daytime may be warm, it can get chilly when the sun goes down.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,439 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

May weather is variable. Expect temperatures between 55 and 85 but understand they can be higher or lower. We can have days of steady rain or sunny days with scattered thunder storms. Long range forecasts are notoriously changeable!!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Google " Weather Boston "

Think "Four Seasons in one day"

just like home.

enjoy.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,570 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

The information varies dramatically because the weather here can't be predicted that far out. For an accurate prediction you can only go out about 3 days or so. As others said, the weather can vary dramatically. You certainly won't need a heavy coat, but you should bring a light jacket.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,975 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Current weather. Oh boy. It would be easier to predict a roulette wheel, I would think.

This week, we had a quite hot Monday, like mid-summer hot... to be followed by a need-a-jacket Tuesday and Wednesday. This morning, I have a very light puffy coat (the very thin kind) that is just right for the morning chill. I'm seeing a lot of jean jackets, light fleeces and spring coats as I sit in this Starbucks. It's expected to reach 70 this afternoon. Layers. Think layers. Bring an umbrella or thin rain jacket just in case it rains.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 12:48
8. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:15