We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight/Red Sox game

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norman, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flight/Red Sox game

We fly into Logan on 8/23 at 11:05am. The ball game starts that day at 1:35. Is it possible for us to get from airport to our downtown hotel and back to Fenway before the game starts? If not how long would it take? What are options for transportation from Airport to downtown? Usually take public transportation from airport when we travel but wasn't sure this would allow enough time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

Which downtown hotel? Will you have to wait for checked bags or will you be doing carry on only?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

Well, the arrival day is a weekend so traffic should be light. Take a taxi to hotel. Not sure if you are then taking T to ballpark or a taxi but you should make it to game, maybe miss the Nat'l Anthem. Anyway, cutting it close but certainly will be able to see great majority of game.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

You might miss the very beginning of the game, but you will get there. Take a taxi from the airport to save you time.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,033 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

The area around the park is gridlocked. Take subway to game, if possible.

Where is your hotel?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

I agree subway is "best" but navigating T for first time and if get on wrong line costs time. You don't want the taxi to drop you off at the FP entrance as FMP states, but getting to comm av area by Hotel Commonwealth should not be too bad and then a short walk thru Kenmore Sq. Suggest talking to concierge at hotel before you get there to iron out this detail.

Boston...
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

Well you are certainly cutting it close. What hotel? Are you checking bags for your flight? Have you been to the city before?

If there is another game to see? I personally don't like the feeling of needing to be somewhere by a certain time, especially on the very first day of vacation. I wouldn't be able to relax on the flight, but that's just me.

Assuming your flight arrives on time, and check-in goes smoothly, I think it is doable. You may miss a little bit of the game. I would take a taxi from the airport though, and then ask the hotel for a travel recommendation which most likely be the T.

England
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

In my experience, it should be doable.

Back in 2011, I landed on a flight from London & left the plane at 6pm on a weeknight, cleared immigration, took a taxi to the Sheraton Back Bay, dropped my gear & was in my seat at Fenway by 7:30 missing only the top of the first.

I was back in Boston at the start of May 14 and saw 5 games & in every game fans were turning up any time up to an hour after first pitch, so if you miss a little of the game you won't be alone.

8. Re: Flight/Red Sox game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17