We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OKC
Level Contributor
407 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

First time going to Boston for family vacation. which one is a better option for tourists?

thanks in advance

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

Back Bay. the "Faneuil Hall" location is really in the Financial District and it's pretty dead, especially at night. Not unsafe, just not touristy.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

I agree, although the one called "Faneuil Hall" is not a terrible location by any means. If I remember correctly, it is about 4 blocks from Faneuil Hall and about a block and a half from the waterfront. But overall, Back Bay will seem more hospitable for a visitor.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,308 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

Back Bay Hilton is the one you want.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

I do not think that the Back Bay location is especially good for tourists. Of course it rather depends upon what you are interested in, but any time I was staying in Boston I tried to be closer to Beacon Hill area/Park Street vicinity which, to me, was more in the center of things.

MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

I've stayed in both and I agree with what was said about the Faneuil Hall location BUT it is well within walking distance to many tourist spots such as Quincy Market (right next to Faneuil Hall), seaport area, North End, aquarium, boat tours to name a few. The Back Bay Hilton is closer to shopping areas (Pru Center, Newbury St), Duck Tour departures, Museum of Fine Arts, and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and Fenway Park. No matter which you choose, Boston is small and easy to get around. Personally, I prefer the Faneuil Hall location.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 01:57
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

As has been pointed out, the Hilton Financial District is closer to the historical spots, Freedom Trail, North End and the Harbor. The Hilton Back Bay is closer to the main shopping area, Newbury Street and Fenway Park

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

Back Bay is far more lively at night. More dinner options. a large mall with a supermarket etc. You re close enough to tourist sits at either one but I would choose Back Bay.

OKC
Level Contributor
407 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

Thanks. What streets have activities at night? Close to hilton back bay. I mean an area with people walking, restaurants with patios and so on ? Tx in advance

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

Boylston is the main street in Back Bay.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hilton back bay vs hilton Faneuil Hall

From the Hilton Back Bay, you can go to either Boylston St. or Newbury St. and either one is very active with shopping and restaurants. If you want an outdoor cafe, go to Newbury St.

You can also walk in the other direction, down West Newton St. into the South End and then along Tremont St. which is also very lively with shops and restaurants.