We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback about temporary apartment rentals

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback about temporary apartment rentals

Hi,

My family (my wife, our two small girls and myself) will move from Geneva, Switzerland to Boston from September 2014 to January 2015. We are then looking for a temporary two-bedroom flat/house rental (budget around 3000$/month), if possible not too far from Cambridge. We saw some ads from apartment managers which seem clearly lower than what we can see elsewhere (for instance City apartment managers/http://cityaptmanagers.net/ very nice 2-bedroom flats in South End for less than 3000$). Does it seem fishy? Do you have any experience with this company or other similar? Do you have advice for a family like us?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Feedback about temporary apartment rentals

I agree with Cabinet on location. The South End is not well located to be convenient to the law school. You really should try to be in Cambridge if you can. There is a bus that goes up and down Mass Ave from Harvard Sq to Arlington that passes the law school. It s a lively area of shops, restaurants, bars, everything you will need. There are also playgrounds and other families with children.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Feedback about temporary apartment rentals

Agents do tend to spread their definition of an area so it covers not only the desirable parts but everywhere around the edges too. I agree that you need to check out the address before you can decide whether it is a bargain or not and don't go purely on the agent's description.

I personally would be wary of ads on craigslist for property but sometimes you can get a great deal – you need to be careful when you go to look at the property (don’t go alone); if you are concerned I would stick to the well-established temporary rental agencies that are generally trustworthy. Bear in mind that for the better agencies you will surely have to pay a lot in fees and for references checks etc.

13. Re: Feedback about temporary apartment rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 07:16