We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

We're getting down to the details of our trip to Boston and have a few questions:

1. We're staying at the Hotel Marlowe for part of our trip. For those who have stayed there, is it easy to get a bike from the hotel? Do they have locks? Is there a time limit (i.e., can we take a bike for a good part of a day or is it more for a spin around the neighborhood)?

2. We've read in our travel book about organ recitals at Old West Church on Tuesdays at 8pm but can't find anything on the church website about it (not much info at all on the website). Can anyone confirm that those concerts take place during the summer (specifically June 17)?

3. We want to go to the North End for an Italian dinner. There seem to be an overwhelming number of choices. I'd love to hear about any favorites for a modestly priced, delicious meal.

Thanks for your help!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,227 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

Check out Riccardo's and Fiore and 5 North Square in the North End.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

Sorry, I cannot help you with question 1 & 2

But my favorite North End Restaurant for a delicious meal = Massimino's - not so much for the atmosphere but I have never had a bad meal!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

Yes, there are about 100 restaurants in the North End and you will not get a consensus on a favorite or even favorites. Most are more or less red sauce Italian-American. One that I like is Cantina Italiana on Hanover St. For higher-end, non Italian-American Prezza and Mamma Maria are among the best, but they are not moderately priced. No matter where you go I recommend going to Cafe Vittoria for coffee and desert.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,554 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

For the organ concerts: http://oldwestorgansociety.org/summer-series/

I'd phone the hotel to ask about the bikes. Don't leave a bike unattended without locking it, though.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

If the hotel doesn't have a bike for use, both Cambridge and Boston have bike rentals. You just find a bike station and leave it there when not using.

6. Re: Boston details: Hotel Marlowe and a couple other questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:16